GDT: UFC Fight Night: Aspinall vs. Tybura

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Honestly think this is the most boring event of the year, or at least of the ones I watched live.

I wasn't posting earlier but I 100% agree. Got a nice finish in the first fight and Roberts/Parsons was fun but the other 9 fights ranged from awful to not great. Diakiese/Alvarez wasn't great and then had a bad finish that should be overturned IMO. I also don't know how the UFC thought they could get 9 prelims in 3 hours. More than anything 15 fights is just waaaay too much.

Muniz/Craig and Wood/Fili were good though.

Hoping Aspinall can look good in a bounce back here.

Meatball been exploited lately. Losing to Blanchfield is fine but taking an L to one of the worst fighters in one of the worst divisions is not a great look.

Did anyone think she was good to begin with though? She had a couple nice KOs against low-level fighters but she's a prelim-level fighter herself.

Reactions: Taytro and MMC

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Man, so impressed by Aspinall. First, thanks for ending this quick because I have been watching fights for 6 hours instead of enjoying the sun.

But his movement, footwork, and hands looked great. Really nice to see considering that injury he suffered.

Can't say I enjoyed the entire card, but the last few fights delivered. Time to get outside.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Heavyweight is looking about as good as it has been in recent memory. Jones, Pavlovich, Aspinall, and Gane with Almeida slowly climbing his way up. I'll leave out Stipe because I'd imagine he retires once he takes this L to Jon in a couple months. I have a bad feeling Jon might run/vacate once he beats Stipe.

Aspinall is very likable.

And I like his callout. Makes sense.
Who was his callout?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Heavyweight is looking about as good as it has been in recent memory. Jones, Pavlovich, Aspinall, and Gane with Almeida slowly climbing his way up. I'll leave out Stipe because I'd imagine he retires once he takes this L to Jon in a couple months. I have a bad feeling Jon might run/vacate once he beats Stipe.

Who was his callout?

Winner of Gane vs. Spivak. Then fight for the title against Jones. Although I could see Spivak fighting for the title now I think about it. If he wins that fight against Gane of course.

Reactions: m9 and Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Wow. Aspinall should beat Tybura, but Tybura is still a veteran, perennial top 10 HW. To run through him like that after a major injury was impressive.

Gane-Aspinall would be dope. 2 HW's that can move like that? Pavlovich has got to fit in here somehow, though. Aspinall-Pavlovich in a #1 contender fight would make more sense, honestly.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Aspinall made Tybura look like a tomato can. I know he isn't, but man, he looked awful. Had the look of a man who was beat before he even started/didn't want to be in there. But I guess that's what happens when you get hit hard early. Not much you can show.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Fell asleep before the last 2 fights, how did aspinall look?

Wow. Aspinall should beat Tybura, but Tybura is still a veteran, perennial top 10 HW. To run through him like that after a major injury was impressive.

Gane-Aspinall would be dope. 2 HW's that can move like that? Pavlovich has got to fit in here somehow, though. Aspinall-Pavlovich in a #1 contender fight would make more sense, honestly.
Pavlovich versus a fighter who won’t stand infront of him and just eat his power would be an interesting fight.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pavlovich versus a fighter who won’t stand infront of him and just eat his power would be an interesting fight.
That was supposed to be Blaydes, but then Blaydes decided he was a kickboxer.

Whether Jones/Stipe win and stick around is also a factor in the HW matchmaking IMO. If Jones wins, I think he should stick around, but might not since there aren't any other big names. If Stipe wins, I think he should retire on a high, but probably wouldn't :laugh:.

If there is still a champ, Pavlovich might get next in which case, Aspinall's plan of getting the winner of Gane-Spivac makes sense timing wise. If there will be a vacant belt, it would be nice to have Gane-Spivak and Aspinall-Pavlovich on the books already and then you could do the winner for the vacant belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad