Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight bout: Tom Aspinall vs. Marcin Tybura
Women's Flyweight bout: Molly McCann vs. Julija Stoliarenko
Featherweight bout: Nathaniel Wood vs. Andre Fili
Middleweight bout: Paul Craig vs. Andre Muniz
Lightweight bout: Jai Herbert vs. Fares Ziam
Featherweight bout: Lerone Murphy vs. Josh Culibao

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Davey Grant vs. Daniel Marcos
Welterweight bout: Danny Roberts vs. Jonny Parsons
Lightweight bout: Marc Diakiese vs. Joel Alvarez
Heavyweight bout: Mick Parkin vs. Jamal Pogues
Middleweight bout: Makhmud Muradov vs. Bryan Barberena
Women's Bantamweight bout: Ketlen Vieira vs. Pannie Kianzad
Lightweight bout: Chris Duncan vs. Yanal Ashmouz
Women's Strawweight bout: Shauna Bannon vs. Bruna Brasil
Flyweight bout: Jafel Filho vs. Daniel Barez​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Compare this card to the UFC London FN last year: UFC London 2022

Glad this is an early card and there are still some fun fights but.. yeah. Not much going on here.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If you look at it as a special event because it's in London, it's underwhelming. As a Fight Night, though, it's not bad.

For a promotion that doesn't do tune up fights, this is a perfect tune up fight for Aspinall after the injury. I hope he looks great. HW had some heat there for a moment but with Francis leaving, Gane getting exposed, and Jones/Stipe probably not being around too much longer, it could use a spark like Aspinall.

I will never understand putting fights like Diakiese-Alvarez, Barbarena, or even Viera on the prelims while other cards struggle to have 2 or 3 fights with any interest whatsoever on the main card. I refuse to believe they are that important for the live gate.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If you look at it as a special event because it's in London, it's underwhelming. As a Fight Night, though, it's not bad.

For a promotion that doesn't do tune up fights, this is a perfect tune up fight for Aspinall after the injury. I hope he looks great. HW had some heat there for a moment but with Francis leaving, Gane getting exposed, and Jones/Stipe probably not being around too much longer, it could use a spark like Aspinall.

I will never understand putting fights like Diakiese-Alvarez, Barbarena, or even Viera on the prelims while other cards struggle to have 2 or 3 fights with any interest whatsoever on the main card. I refuse to believe they are that important for the live gate.

This entire card is on the same platform so the order really, really doesn't matter.. even more than usual. For this card it seems like they've really loaded up the main card with British fighters vs any sort of merit, with Craig being the one-off Scottish guy.

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This entire card is on the same platform so the order really, really doesn't matter.. even more than usual. For this card it seems like they've really loaded up the main card with British fighters vs any sort of merit, with Craig being the one-off Scottish guy.
Sure it does. If I want to see those fights, I now have to tune in several hours earlier than if I just wanted to catch the main card.

I trust that they know what they are doing in terms of making them the most money, but as an at home viewer who doesn't want to sit down and watch MMA (or anything for that matter) for 6 hours, it sucks. If they put those fights on this last week's card, I probably would have stayed up to watch it. Instead I'll probably miss them.

Reactions: m9

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't think this is that bad. It's certainly better than last week's card IMO. There's some fun names/matchups here.

Aspinall - is still the future at HW IMO so hoping he gets back in the groove with a big performance.
Meatball - isn't particularly high level but she's always fun to watch, she goes for it until she's taken down.
Wood vs Fili - should go to Wood but Fili will throw until his shoes fall off (or he gets tired).
Paul Craig - is fun to me too. He either gets battered or gets battered and pulls off a submission. Either way I like it, and Muniz is no slouch.
Lerone Murphy - is an undefeated guy they've been bringing along slowly. He's not the next big thing but he's a good watch.

I also like watching Diakase on the prelims.

I don't think it's that bad, just not great compared to last year. If nothing else, just bet until you care more about the outcomes.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't think this is that bad. It's certainly better than last week's card IMO. There's some fun names/matchups here.

Aspinall - is still the future at HW IMO so hoping he gets back in the groove with a big performance.
Meatball - isn't particularly high level but she's always fun to watch, she goes for it until she's taken down.
Wood vs Fili - should go to Wood but Fili will throw until his shoes fall off (or he gets tired).
Paul Craig - is fun to me too. He either gets battered or gets battered and pulls off a submission. Either way I like it, and Muniz is no slouch.
Lerone Murphy - is an undefeated guy they've been bringing along slowly. He's not the next big thing but he's a good watch.

I don't think it's that bad, just not great compared to last year. If nothing else, just bet until you care more about the outcomes.
There used to be a time where the foreign Fight Nights were the worst because all they catered to was the hometown crowd. Nowadays, that distinguished honor clearly goes to Apex Fight Nights.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

It's a solid fight night card. People are just comparing it to last year.

Reactions: Taytro

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Honestly think this is the most boring event of the year, or at least of the ones I watched live.

It's middle of the road. Could do with some more finishes. I suppose if you've watched 3 live cards it could potentially be the most boring one you've seen.

I started the card with the Duncan vs. Yanal fight and that was decent. Some good fights, some bad fights since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad