Lightweight bout: Nazim Sadykhov vs. Evan Elder
Welterweight bout: AJ Fletcher vs. Themba Gorimbo
Flyweight bout: Clayton Carpenter vs. Juancamilo Ronderos​

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not sure if Solecki is staying on the card, BSD pulled out but the fight is still on the UFC website so maybe they’re still looking for a replacement

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What an absolute dog of a UFC card.

Andrade is pretty much the only WMMA fighter who should be fighting in 5 round main events so even though I wanted to see how Santos bounced back this one is still fine.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Andrade is a badass. Quick turnaround. Short notice. Tough fight against someone much lower in the rankings and without much of a name. Putting a 3 fight winning streak on the line. There's no real reason to be taking this fight other than being a badass.

The card sucks, though.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk why Hernandez-Miller wouldn’t be listed as the co-main. I can at least trick myself into the card being meh with that solid main event.

Instead I have to hate watch the card

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Meanwhile UFC 285 has a handful of ranked guys on the prelims lol.

I'm sure they're making more money this way but as a fan I'd like them to spread it out a little more.

Reactions: Avs_19

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Andrade is a badass. Quick turnaround. Short notice. Tough fight against someone much lower in the rankings and without much of a name. Putting a 3 fight winning streak on the line. There's no real reason to be taking this fight other than being a badass.

The card sucks, though.

Andrade has a male's physique because of her PED use, and she made this transformation in order to beat up women in a cage. What a badass!

And what name recognition can she possibly hope for in the flyweight division? I follow the sport more closely than most fans, and I've never heard of the 2 women ahead of her in the rankings (Taila Santos & Manon Fiorot)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Andrade has a male's physique because of her PED use, and she made this transformation in order to beat up women in a cage. What a badass!

And what name recognition can she possibly hope for in the flyweight division? I follow the sport more closely than most fans, and I've never heard of the 2 women ahead of her in the rankings (Taila Santos & Manon Fiorot)

Knows Andrade's detailed medical history but doesn't know the last title challenger

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Knows Andrade's detailed medical history but doesn't know the last title challenger

So, acknowledging someone's obvious PED use is, in your mind, claiming to know someone's "detailed medical history"?

I had no idea I knew the detailed medical history of half a century's worth of bodybuilders competing at Mr. Olympia competitions

And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember Santos at UFC 275, which just adds to my point about name recognition

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So, acknowledging someone's obvious PED use is, in your mind, claiming to know someone's "detailed medical history"?

I had no idea I knew the detailed medical history of half a century's worth of bodybuilders competing at Mr. Olympia competitions

And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember Santos at UFC 275, which just adds to my point about name recognition

I don't care about steroids in MMA so it's all good

• Love
Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Andrade obv on something, but i also dont care about PEDs in sports outside of the Olympics.

Reactions: CDJ

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't care about steroids in MMA so it's all good

Andrade obv on something, but i also dont care about PEDs in sports outside of the Olympics.

In a combat sport, where the goal is to inflict physical damage on another person, it should be paramount that no fighter is given a decidedly unfair advantage by entering the cage chemically enhanced

If an OIympic sprinter uses steroids, they compromise the integrity of their sport

If an MMA fighter uses steroids, they may be compromising the long term health of another person

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
In a combat sport, where the goal is to inflict physical damage on another person, it should be paramount that no fighter is given a decidedly unfair advantage by entering the cage chemically enhanced

If an OIympic sprinter uses steroids, they compromise the integrity of their sport

If an MMA fighter uses steroids, they may be compromising the long term health of another person

I guess it's a good thing Andrade has always tested clean then

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Andrade gets a new deal that will pay her 3x what she was getting. Might help explain why she was willing to take this fight. I imagine the UFC would have wanted to resign her anyway, but maybe she was able to squeeze a little more out of them to take this fight.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
She deserves it, she may be a top 5 female fighter to ever do it

I’m HAMMERING Andrade btw, hoping the public pushes her to being a dog. Nothing against Blanchfield- I think she’s a future champ-I think this might just be a little too much too soon.

• Love
Reactions: Taytro

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Andrade gets a new deal that will pay her 3x what she was getting. Might help explain why she was willing to take this fight. I imagine the UFC would have wanted to resign her anyway, but maybe she was able to squeeze a little more out of them to take this fight.

?

Odd decision for one of their top female fighters....

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
She deserves it, she may be a top 5 female fighter to ever do it

I’m HAMMERING Andrade btw, hoping the public pushes her to being a dog. Nothing against Blanchfield- I think she’s a future champ-I think this might just be a little too much too soon.
Top 5 might be pushing it. At least Nunes, Valentina, Cyborg, Rose, Weili, JJ. Probably Ronda.

But yeah, she deserves to get paid. One of the best out there right now and she's pretty reliably in entertaining fights, win or lose.

?

Odd decision for one of their top female fighters....
I've gotta give a '?' to your '?'.

Why would wanting to resign one of the top female fighters be an odd decision?

Reactions: CDJ

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Top 5 might be pushing it. At least Nunes, Valentina, Cyborg, Rose, Weili, JJ. Probably Ronda.

But yeah, she deserves to get paid. One of the best out there right now and she's pretty reliably in entertaining fights, win or lose.

I've gotta give a '?' to your '?'.

Why would wanting to resign one of the top female fighters be an odd decision?

It is re-sign, not resign. Pet peeve of mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad