OT: UFC Coming to Ottawa

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Five years too late lol.

Honestly, I would have been interested back then. Was at the first Montreal UFC event which was amazing. First Toronto UFC was massive as well.

A Fight Night card in Ottawa in 2016? I don't know.

Its going to be interesting the Ufc seems to be shying away from ppv in Canada and giving us fight nights which is not a bad thing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lost interest in UFC long time ago. Me and some buddies used to always get together for GSP fights. But after a while. The fights just start looking like high school fights.

I'll take boxing over UFC any day. Even Glory.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lost interest in UFC long time ago. Me and some buddies used to always get together for GSP fights. But after a while. The fights just start looking like high school fights.

I've always liked boxing more. Unfortunately there are no big names anymore in the sport.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Meh. WHy not add nascar while we're at it :P

A few years ago, with guys like Rampage, GSP, fan favourite Griffin, Wanderlei, etc all at the top or close to the top of their game, it would have been awesome. The light heavyweight division was thrilling. Now, even with the rise of the women's division, it has become bland. The popularity has peaked and is on the downturn.

Mind you, I'm excited to see Holm vs Tate.

I've always liked boxing more. Unfortunately there are no big names anymore in the sport.

I could never get into boxing. I can appreciate it for what it is, though unfortunately there is now such a sideshow involved with getting any sort of big fight to go through, boxing is slipping more and more. Mayweather vs Pacquiao took what, like 6 years to happen? When Manny was clearly past his prime? What's the point then? And you're absolutely right, the lack of star power is a huge problem.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
It's a good starting point for the UFC here in Ottawa, and if it's successful it will give the UFC more reason to bring a big main event to the city which will boost the local economy. I think they'll do well here though, there's still a big MMA following in the city.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
UFC is lame. No weapons? no vehicles? the ring is so tiny, it should be like a warehouse with trap doors and ****. "two men enter, one man leaves"!

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

It sounds like you were more of a GSP fan than UFC.

Lots of great talent in the UFC, check out MacGregor vs Diaz this Sat night...should be an awesome fight.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It sounds like you were more of a GSP fan than UFC.

Lots of great talent in the UFC, check out MacGregor vs Diaz this Sat night...should be an awesome fight.

Seems tons of fights. I find it fails deliver more often than not. Also the whole MMA ground and pound fad is just so boring.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

You're missing out on Conor McGregor then.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And you were a fan of GSP?

Well he was a Canadian star. Also wasn't much of a fan I guess. It's just we would all head out to a bar to watch him fight. So it was just kind of a routine.

Most of the fight just look like something I would see in the parking lot after school.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Also. My biggest issue with UFC is how the fighter keep going at guys who are clearly knocked out. It makes me sick.

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
and if he's "clearly knocked out", the ref stops the match (or is supposed to anyway). Actually, they don't even have to be knocked out as long as the ref deems that he can no longer adequately protect himself.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Get your tap out shirts on and tell your girl to put some cover up on those bruises! Time for some MMA!

(I don't actually mind MMA but there can't be a more toxic atmosphere/fanbase/culture)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
and if he's "clearly knocked out", the ref stops the match (or is supposed to anyway). Actually, they don't even have to be knocked out as long as the ref deems that he can no longer adequately protect himself.

Yeah I know he calls the match. But the opponent is still there hammering away at this unconscious guys head. It's ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad