GDT: UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Worst part about Colby's comment was that he initially said "hair" instead of "Hell", and so he had to repeat the line

As for the part about Leon's dad, unless he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord & Saviour before his death, then he is in Hell

Isn't that how it works?

The point is, a lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep

And a Leon shouldn't either...

Last edited:

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Not that this is news but Colby's cringe has somehow gotten even worse. If he dialed his act back a bit he'd actually have a pretty large following from the MAGA crowd, which let's face it, is a pretty large portion of MMA fans, but instead he leans into his schtick SO much he makes it impossible for even those on "his side" to like him.

The comment about Leon's Dad was completely out of bounds. Just say something else there, literally anything. You can play the heel without going THAT low. Chael needs to get in his ear and teach him how to do it correctly.

Shavkat/Wonderboy is interesting. Not in the sense that I think it'll be close because I think Shavkat will be in complete control throughout but it's not always easy to look impressive against Wonderboy. Nothing against Wonderboy but I hope that's not the case this time. I want this to be Shavkat's coming out party on a big stage.
Completely agree. I think we're gonna get "Is it time for Wonderboy to hang 'em up" chatter after this fight. I see Shavkat completely outclassing him.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Colby doesn’t realize that if you burn every bridge on your way to the top there will be no one to celebrate your success with. There aren’t a lot of avenues for fighters post-retirement, especially if no one likes you. The thirteen year old boys that laugh at his jokes now won’t be there for him when it’s all over.

Reactions: CDJ

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
With all the "fight of the year" stuff going around right now I find it crazy that Volk/Islam is most people's FOTY. It's not even close to me - Pantoja/Moreno was so much better.

Kind of a weak year to be honest, I don't even have a runner-up. I did love Gaethje/Fiziev, though.

I thought that fight was quite boring. I remember Islam controlling the fight quite comfortably with the exception of the 5th round. I think it was the 3rd round where he had Volks back for about 3 minute, and Volk kept hitting Islam in the head with the lightest punches. Really boring actually. Laughable that this got fight of the year.

Reactions: m9

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Colby doesn’t realize that if you burn every bridge on your way to the top there will be no one to celebrate your success with. There aren’t a lot of avenues for fighters post-retirement, especially if no one likes you. The thirteen year old boys that laugh at his jokes now won’t be there for him when it’s all over.

Especially if his biggest fan ends up in prison..

Reactions: 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Durden’s corner yelling DONT GIVE UP YOUR BACK and he immediately gives up his back lmao

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Leon has all the same things going for him that people don't like about Colby, boring fighter, not active, doesn't have a resume of the contenders of his division, at least with Colby you have a guy who makes the background around his fights interesting and creates hype in his media sessions and press conferences

It's not like Leon is popular either. He's just not a complete dickhead like Colby's character. People dislike Colby for his persona the most.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad