GDT: UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo/ONE Fight Night 10: Johnson vs. Moraes 3

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I don't think Aljamain is changing weight classes anytime soon.

Merab kind of needs to decide what he wants to do here.

It's great that they're friends and everything but there's a lot of money on the line and Merab isn't going to be young and in peak form forever. I just hope he understands that or has someone he trusts from outside that Serra/Longo/Sterling bubble who can tell him that.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Split decision over Cejudo

Beat up Pillashaw with one arm

Split decision over Yan

DQ victory

Amazing seeing Rogan and DC ride this dude so much putting him in the goat conversation for bantamweight? Only thing he cemented is probably the worst title defense run of all time

L

There's just no way. This whole forum combined probably can't name a single slap fighter without looking it up

Maybe @CDJ if you can bet on it
People looking up Wolverine from Marvel probably account for 99% of the people who googled a slap fighter

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Alright, well, sweet $250ish into the pocket.

Feels good to win one considering I’ve made donations left right and centre during the NHL playoffs so far.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah it’s rascism and fans being dumb and not Aljo fighting like weenie. Dude spent so much time on his hands and knees to the point his corner had to tell him to stop. It’s almost as if he was trying to bait another illegal knee.

It's all of it. The fight and the card in general kind of sucked too.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Ok ok... live from traffic on the George Washington bridge heading back to long Island the home of champions...

What an event I was there from the first fight through the last... my favorite fight was of course my main man Matt the steam rolla frevola getting his big win. I'm pretty sure I lost my voice immediately.

Couple other things that stood out to me live before I get to the two big fights... man what a job by the two dudes making their debuts against two really good opponents. The crowd really got behind Lopes and Bedoya is a touchy MF'er I was enjoying every second of their fights.

Co main... I almost fell asleep. I didn't pick up on burns being hurt so I was confused along with a lot of the crowd.

ANNNNNNNDD STILLLLLLL... nah I gotta be fair from. My vantage point I thought the king of cringe won. When I sober up I'll watch it again but when my brother told me Aljo was -300 heading into round 5 I was legit shocked. The people in our section were too. Again I gotta watch again on TV but as a huge Long Island shill I was pleasantly surprised. My only gripe is I was hoping this was the win that cements aljos legacy and it only puts it further in the mud lol.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Split decision over Cejudo

Beat up Pillashaw with one arm

Split decision over Yan

DQ victory

Amazing seeing Rogan and DC ride this dude so much putting him in the goat conversation for bantamweight? Only thing he cemented is probably the worst title defense run of all time

People looking up Wolverine from Marvel probably account for 99% of the people who googled a slap fighter
Yeah, I thought he wouldn't make it through one title defense. It's a guy doing just enough to win every time now but he's not impressive.

I think O'Malley will be a good test but if I'm Sterling I'm going full ground game in that fight.

I may hemorrhage money gambling but I still have dignity

I don't know who you are with that avatar.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Why is Sterling getting booed in NJ?
Even though it's close to his backyard it's not like he's some beloved champion who has a huge following on Long Island that would travel the 90 mins to Newark.

The general consensus in the crowd was Cejudo was up 3-2 if not 4-1. I have to rewatch it on TV again but everyone (not me $$) was booing the decision cause in the arena it looked like a robbery.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A really underwhelming main card. 3 duds, 1 fun fight, and 1 impressive KO.

I thought Cejudo was going to retire. Honestly, he probably should. He's 36, he's got other things going on with the coaching, and his whole schtick was being a winner. Is he really going to get back in line and fight all the young hammers in the division? Doubtful.

Aljo vs. O'Malley is interesting. A classic striker vs. grappler. O'Malley's TDD is not great, but on the feet he has the length to match Aljo unlike Cejudo and Yan.

The only thing I will say about the co-main is that Belal reminds me of pre-champion Edwards. Like you know he's good, but even though he keeps winning, he's not making that big statement to get fans on his side. Some of it is his fault with how he fights, but a lot is out of his control, too. Like who the UFC is willing to match him up with, Burns getting injured, etc.

Even before the KO, I was going to comment that Yan was throwing with more intent than I remember her throwing in the past. Luke talked about it in his reaction video, Andrade following her in a straight line is what led to the KO, but she was cracking her even before that. I think Andrade probably underestimated her power. Not a ton of great options for Weili, so Yan probably is next with a statement like that.

Luke said about Lopes, "He came with a fade and bangs." :laugh:. Lopes coming to fight was the best part about the main card, though. That fight could have very easily been a dud, too, but he made it interesting.

Kron should stick to BJJ. This isn't some prospect. He's 34 and showed absolutely nothing in terms of striking or wrestling. UFC fighters know how to play defensive BJJ from the guard now, so if that's your 1 and only strategy, you're not going to win very many fights.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad