UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
A lot of casual morons saying Stipe is going to destroy DC as usual.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Cormier is way too small for HW. No chance against Miocic. He will get his ass whooped badly.

Last edited:

member 51464

That’s legit exciting! Good on DC for going up for the challenge.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Cormier probably has a better chance against Miocic than a lot of other HWs. It'll be a pretty boring wrestling fight though unless we see a KO from Stipe.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Cormier is way too small for HW. No chance against Miocic. He will get his ass whooped badly.
lol. He is a former heavyweight fighter known as "Black Fedor" and smashed Bigfoot Silva, who is monstrously bigger as well as several other household name heavies.

The only reason he dropped to LHW is because his training partner Cain was champ and they would not fight each other, but everyone agreed DC would be getting a title shot at heavy soon.

Reactions: 1specter

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Size is a huge disadvantage for Cormier in this fight. He fought a great fight in his first fight against Jones but Jones' size advantage was too much. It's going to be a big issue against Stipe.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Size is a huge disadvantage for Cormier in this fight. He fought a great fight in his first fight against Jones but Jones' size advantage was too much. It's going to be a big issue against Stipe.
Jones is a different beast than Stipe. Jones is a one of a kind fighter where he is so lanky and strong that it is impossible to get inside with him for extended periods or try to take him down.

Stipe doesn't have that same kind of reach (80 inches vs 85 for Jon) nor does he have freakishly long legs like Jones does.

Also DC previously fought in heavyweight and faced guys of similar stature such as Josh Barnett.

Not selling Stipe short here, but this will be a lot closer than DC vs Jones. I have no idea who will win though.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
lol. He is a former heavyweight fighter known as "Black Fedor" and smashed Bigfoot Silva, who is monstrously bigger as well as several other household name heavies.

The only reason he dropped to LHW is because his training partner Cain was champ and they would not fight each other, but everyone agreed DC would be getting a title shot at heavy soon.

Not trying to downplay him or anything, but 194 cm Stipe is way too much for 180 cm man. Reach advantage is huge and i don't see how Cormier could take him down. It won't go to judges.

Anyway hats off for Cormier about taking the challenge. He could be on welterweight with his lenght but guy is going for HW title.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

99fc4adaa52f60873e180cccbc03893a

I like Cormier's chances in this.

Reactions: Peggy and 1specter

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if this means Jon Jones will move up to HW when he's back to fight the winner of this fight.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Cormier is undefeated in his career as a heavyweight with wins over Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Antonio Silva and Roy Nelson

Yes good for him and hats off because Cormier is welterweight sized guy fighting at the heavyweight. Stipe is different kind of animal than guys in your sentence. I will be really surprised if Miocic doesn't knock him out.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm a huge fan of Miočić's, and quite frankly I believe DC will be his biggest challenge, with all due respect to the guys he fought up until now. DC is also one of the guys whose win against Stipe I could stomach.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yes good for him and hats off because Cormier is welterweight sized guy fighting at the heavyweight. Stipe is different kind of animal than guys in your sentence. I will be really surprised if Miocic doesn't knock him out.
You made a dumb statement and now you're backtracking. :laugh:

Would be easier for you to come out and say you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Peggy

member 51464

I am excited already. Cormier as only ever lost to Jones. Miocic has lost twice. He avenged one and the other was almost 5 and a half years ago to Stefan Struve. This is going to be great.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Eh, it's a heavyweight title fight. Chances are someone does end up "destroying" the other guy.

I like Miocic as of today. I think he can keep range and stay away from Cormier's power punches.

Massive fight for Miocic. I consider Cormier the 2nd best fighter of all-time behind Jon Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad