GDT: UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I thought Valentina won, but judges will always side with the champ in these situations.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nunes got two takedowns and just coasted. Just literally laid there while Valentina was teeing off from the bottom.

Am I surprised the judges went with Nunes? No, I'm not. But I thought Valentina outpointed her the entire fight pretty much.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Nunes got two takedowns and just coasted. Just literally laid there while Valentina was teeing off from the bottom.

Am I surprised the judges went with Nunes? No, I'm not. But I thought Valentina outpointed her the entire fight pretty much.

Agreed entirely. Nunes got his ass whooped on the ground.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
lol "whooped"

getting peppered with small amount of soft bottom strikes counts as getting whopped now. :laugh:

Valentina did nothing significant on the bottom

Yes nothing significant but it was much more significant than takedown and lay and pray. Nunes lose the battle on the ground pretty clearly. If you do takedown and lose every change on the ground, points should go to other person.

Amanda's strikes were soft whole fight. Valentina won that fight.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
lol "whooped"

getting peppered with small amount of soft bottom strikes counts as getting whopped now. :laugh:

Valentina did nothing significant on the bottom

She still did much more than Nunes diespite not being in a dominant position. Nunes was the one doing absolutely nothing.

I had it 3-1 Valentina going into the third. First round going to Nunes.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I'm starting to get really tired about UFC bad decisions. Do they have better judges in Bellator?

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
No one earned that win. You got 25 minutes of 2 girls not landing clean punches. There's no value in debating who won this fight. Valentina deserved that loss as much as Nunes if she didn't get the decision

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
No one earned that win. You got 25 minutes of 2 girls not landing clean punches. There's no value in debating who won this fight. Valentina deserved that loss as much as Nunes if she didn't get the decision

Valentina landed many clean punches, you can see that from highlights. I am not surprised that UFC goes down and down year after year, judges are so ****ing trash.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I'm starting to get really tired about UFC bad decisions. Do they have better judges in Bellator?
Then go. This wasn't a bad decision, it was a close fight and a close fight historically goes to the champ. That's the way it is and the way it will always be.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Then go. This wasn't a bad decision, it was a close fight and a close fight historically goes to the champ. That's the way it is and the way it will always be.

Yes this was. There is 5 rounds and Valentina won 3 of them. Whole internet is calling this robbery, but everyone could have their own options. Valentina won the rounds 2, 4 & 5 pretty clearly.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Valentina landed many clean punches, you can see that from highlights. I am not surprised that UFC goes down and down year after year, judges are so ****ing trash.

Except that this isn't true - the UFC had their best year in 2016.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Yes this was. There is 5 rounds and Valentina won 3 of them. Whole internet is calling this robbery, but everyone could have their own options. Valentina won the rounds 2, 4 & 5 pretty clearly.
Round 5? Clearly, seriously?

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Yes nothing significant but it was much more significant than takedown and lay and pray. Nunes lose the battle on the ground pretty clearly. If you do takedown and lose every change on the ground, points should go to other person.

Amanda's strikes were soft whole fight. Valentina won that fight.

Lol that's not how it works. Valentina didn't have a reversal or advance after the takedown, so how did she win that battle?

If Amanda's strikes were soft then what were Valentina's??

Right? Totally. It's laughable to ***** about this fight.

Amanda had complete octagon control. Valentina had some very crisp counters, but it was nothing commanding, she did not dictate pace which allowed Amanda to have enough gas to just literally sit on her the last 2 minutes. If she would have fought in the 5th like she did in the 4th she'd be champion.

It was a letdown overall, I was super hyped for this fight....there's really no one to challenge Amanda now, which is a bummer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad