Light Heavyweight bout: Nikita Krylov vs. Misha Cirkunov
Lightweight bout: Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Drew Dober
Women's Strawweight bout: Valérie Létourneau vs. Viviane Pereira
Bantamweight bout: Mitch Gagnon vs. Matthew Lopez

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Lando Vannata
Lightweight bout: Jason Saggo vs. Rustam Khabilov
Flyweight bout: Zach Makovsky vs. Dustin Ortiz

Over/under on Gastelum not remotely being close to making weight again?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Over/under on Gastelum not remotely being close to making weight again?

This one is at 185 so he should be good but you never know with him. Haha.

He's in a weird spot. He has trouble making 170 and really depletes himself to hit the mark but he has also come in out of shape at 185 because he doesn't need to be on as strict of a diet. He was supposed to fight a few weeks ago and probably kept training hard so maybe this time will be different.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
UFC_206_poster.jpg

Date: December 10, 2016
Venue: Air Canada Centre
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Featherweight Interim Championship bout: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis
Welterweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown
Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi
Middleweight bout: Tim Kennedy vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Welterweight bout: Jordan Mein vs. Emil Weber Meek

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Light Heavyweight bout: Nikita Krylov vs. Misha Cirkunov
Lightweight bout: Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Drew Dober
Women's Strawweight bout: Valérie Létourneau vs. Viviane Pereira
Bantamweight bout: Mitch Gagnon vs. Matthew Lopez

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Lando Vannata
Lightweight bout: Jason Saggo vs. Rustam Khabilov
Flyweight bout: Zach Makovsky vs. Dustin Ortiz

This is rare card that is really bad for a PPV but is filled with fights that I want to see. Pretty much every fight has something to offer.

Not much for betting on this card. I really like Vannata to win, even though he's -200 or whatever. Ortiz at +160 is good, fight should be closer to a pickem. Pettis at +145 or +150 is intriguing as well.

I don't

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
If you're betting Pettis, just bet him via finish. Pettis is overall pretty bad at winning rounds. I don't see him consistently outstriking Holloway. Really like Holloway in this matchup

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If you're betting Pettis, just bet him via finish. Pettis is overall pretty bad at winning rounds. I don't see him consistently outstriking Holloway. Really like Holloway in this matchup

Sure, I like Pettis via submission. I think if Pettis keeps the range with kicks, he can catch Holloway pressing and toss him on his back. Maybe Pettis via armbar in round 3 or 4. Again, it's a good close fight.. I'm not sure why there's disparity in the odds unless there are some concerns about Pettis @ 145 in a long fight.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hahaha. Pettis missed weight. The interim title is now only available to Holloway. What a tremendous job Dana has done devaluing the division. He stripped the champion, gave it to the guy the real champ destroyed in 13 seconds, and because his PPV lost it's main event, tried to create a second interim title to drum up interest. And it all backfired. Hilarious.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...ight-for-his-ufc-206-interim-title-fight-with

I like Holloway a lot, but it would be really funny to me if Pettis wins this fight now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pettis has been talking about how much better things have been going with the weight and he has had a nutritionist living with him but he still ends up missing. That's a bad look.

I don't think it changes much for this specific fight but they'll have some decisions to make if Pettis wins. I don't know how you can give a guy a title shot after he missed weight for the interim title fight. Who knows if he'll even stick around at 145 because of how tough these cuts have been for him.

I feel bad for anyone who paid to travel to see this event. Good grief.

There's no big main attraction for PPV so it probably won't be good business for the UFC but I think it's pretty a strong card. Definitely sucks for people who bought tickets expecting to see DC/Rumble or even a GSP return but there should be some fun and exciting fights.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pettis has been talking about how much better things have been going with the weight and he has had a nutritionist living with him but he still ends up missing. That's a bad look.

I don't think it changes much for this specific fight but they'll have some decisions to make if Pettis wins. I don't know how you can give a guy a title shot after he missed weight for the interim title fight.

There's no big main attraction for PPV so it probably won't be good business for the UFC but I think it's pretty a strong card. Definitely sucks for people who bought tickets expecting to see DC/Rumble or even a GSP return but there should be some fun and exciting fights.

If this were a fight night card it would be tremendous. As it's a PPV card, it's incredibly weak. No way any casual fan is going to cough up the dough to see this sub par event.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Aubin-Mercier is going to throw Dober. He looked shredded at the weigh in.

Probably most excited for the Meek vs Mein fight

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Well he didn't throw him but he still beat his ass

Létourneau got freaking robbed though, absolute BS.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Valerie done nothing after round 1. She's got no one to blame but herself.
What did Pereria do?..... nothing except one takedown in the 2nd and a few leg kicks sprinkled in while she's getting her ass beat.
That was Joe Rogan's reasoning "she was too dominant in the 1st to give her the other rounds".
Wut? She lost the 2nd but still out struck her.....I don't know how the flying **** you'd give Pereria the 3rd.

She had cage control 6:06 to 2:38
ground control 1:37 to 1:09

It was a BS call. Gonna put on my tin foil hat and say if she doesn't miss weight, she'd win this fight 29-28 unanimous.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What did Pereria do?..... nothing except one takedown in the 2nd and a few leg kicks sprinkled in while she's getting her ass beat.
That was Joe Rogan's reasoning "she was too dominant in the 1st to give her the other rounds".
Wut? She lost the 2nd but still out struck her.....I don't know how the flying **** you'd give Pereria the 3rd.

She had cage control 6:06 to 2:38
ground control 1:37 to 1:09

It was a BS call. Gonna put on my tin foil hat and say if she doesn't miss weight, she'd win this fight 29-28 unanimous.

Draw would've been a right result. 3rd round was even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad