UFC 205: Conor Takes Manhattan (Nov. 12)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Alvarez vs McGregor ***Lightweight Championship***
Woodley vs Thompson ***Welterweight Championship***
Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz ***Women's Strawweight Championship***
Weidman vs Romero
Cerrone vs Gastelum
Tate vs Pennington

Khabib vs M Johnson
Edgar vs Stephens
Kennedy vs Evans
Boetsch vs Natal

J Miller vs T Alves
Good vs Muhammad
Carmouche vs Chookagain

Last edited:

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Best card ever.

It's only a matter of time before it is ruined by injuries.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I thought they were doing 6 main card fights for some reason with Tate on it..

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Disagree on the injuries. Guy get 'injured' and fall off on the smaller cards, but guys want to be a part of this card so they'll fight through most issues.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
They are

I just lazily copied and pasted from another forum, so thanks for the heads up

OP has been updated

Just wasn't sure if I was right there as I only read a title of the main card. This is going to be a massive card. Such a ****ing shame you couldn't open the main card with Cerrone/Lawler.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just wasn't sure if I was right there as I only read a title of the main card. This is going to be a massive card. Such a ****ing shame you couldn't open the main card with Cerrone/Lawler.

I'm okay with that fight not taking place, if only cause they're both fan favorites, and I wouldn't want to see either get finished

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm okay with that fight not taking place, if only cause they're both fan favorites, and I wouldn't want to see either get finished

But putting Cerrone against Gastelman is "wasting" the cowboy. At least Lawler would brawl.

This card is stacked... but I don't care about have of these fights. The title fights are all irrelevant . Weidman/Romero is good, don't care for Tate.
Rashad is my favorite fighter, but he's pretty much done. Lost the killer instinct...
rest of the card seems pretty predictable.

I just see big names, but not great fights. I have that "something's missing" feeling but hopefully that goes away.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
But putting Cerrone against Gastelman is "wasting" the cowboy. At least Lawler would brawl.

This card is stacked... but I don't care about have of these fights. The title fights are all irrelevant . Weidman/Romero is good, don't care for Tate.
Rashad is my favorite fighter, but he's pretty much done. Lost the killer instinct...
rest of the card seems pretty predictable.

I just see big names, but not great fights. I have that "something's missing" feeling but hopefully that goes away.

Cormier/Rumble should on that card as the co-main event. Unfortunately with Dana hugging Jones's balls so tight, that match will never happen without Rumble having to go through Jones first.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Cormier/Rumble should on that card as the co-main event. Unfortunately with Dana hugging Jones's balls so tight, that match will never happen without Rumble having to go through Jones first.

That's much of the same, though. We saw that fight, probably will go the same way. UFC fights have turned to names and not matchups (which builds names).

Is Joe Silva gone?

Zeppo

Sep 8, 2006
Meh, that just makes him a bad guy to that specific group of fans he's talking about. And he was always going to be the bad guy to them.

Sounds to me like he's making a fair point.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Meh, that just makes him a bad guy to that specific group of fans he's talking about. And he was always going to be the bad guy to them.

Sounds to me like he's making a fair point.

He's trying to take the wind out of McGregor's sail by beating him to the punch. Pretty brilliant, IMO. It'll be fun to see how McGregor responds and if he can get inside Eddie's head or if Eddie is in his,

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Eddie is pretty much right, but I'd say Conor's fanboys are much worse than he is. I don't really even dislike the guy, because I realize he's putting on somewhat of an act to get more views and buys, but what reason do his fans have to be so obnoxious? It's pretty embarrassing people act like that.

member 51464

I am very interested to see how McGregor looks at this weight, regardless of a win or loss, because I think we all can agree this is likely to be the class he fights in going forward.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Hope there are no more injuries. This card is ridiculously good.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I haven't heard as much hype for this card as I was expecting.. maybe I've just been too NHL/NFL focused lately.

But that said, I can't wait for it. Going to be a great night of fights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad