Middleweight bout: Vitor Miranda vs. Marcelo Guimaraes
Featherweight bout: Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Jim Miller
Lightweight bout: Justin Salas vs. Jason Saggo
Featherweight bout: Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
wow just noticed that Diego Sanchez was on this card. Haven't seen him fight in a long time. Thought he retired or something.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It'd be interesting if Tate beat Holm.

Don't really see it happening. Tate is simply too average of a wrestler to win it. This division needs to evolve its overall skill talent. Someone of Holm's skill level likely will elevate the division. Unlike strawweight division, there's so little good strikers in Bantam... it's kinda sad

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just realized I'm working on Friday this week instead of Saturday. This worked out perfectly.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Don't really see it happening. Tate is simply too average of a wrestler to win it. This division needs to evolve its overall skill talent. Someone of Holm's skill level likely will elevate the division. Unlike strawweight division, there's so little good strikers in that division... it's kinda sad

There's one AMAZING striker. Let's not forget that. JJ's striking is beautiful.

Edit: I know it looks like I didn't read your post. I did. I just want to emphasize how good Joanna is.

Last edited:

member 51464

Anyone know how much Diaz is actually making off this fight?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Has a fighter ever jumped two weight classes from one fight to the next like this?
Just gave away his game plan before the fight. Haha.
Go in there, whoo whoo, hit him with some good **** and come home with a pocket full of cash.
From McGregor's comments during the conference, it sounded like Diaz was getting paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1M.
From Chael Sonnen's comments during the press conference, it sounded like Big Nog doesn't know the difference between a horse and a bus.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Has a fighter ever jumped two weight classes from one fight to the next like this?.

Not in the UFC, at least as far as I remember. It's really only a 10 lb weight difference between these two guys though as far as walking around weight goes. Or likely even less, given how good McGregor is at cutting weight. Diaz just didn't have time to cut to 155. Not like a typical 2-weight-class-jump of 30 lbs difference.

I can't think of examples of it happening in the UFC though. Sanctioning bodies don't often allow it. Again, this is different, as it's not really a jump as they'll both be the same weight approximately, so there wasn't an issue getting it sanctioned. For actual weight jumps, the only examples I can think of are fights like when Penn fought Machida, or loads of Japanese fights and open weight events.

From Chael Sonnen's comments during the press conference, it sounded like Big Nog doesn't know the difference between a horse and a bus.

McGregor's definitely not an authority on what Diaz is making, but there are undisclosed earnings that go well beyond the show/win pay & bonuses that we hear about. Given Diaz agreeing to the fight on short notice, and the fact that it's a main event fight, I would expect he is getting paid handsomely.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would imagine Diaz will be getting a cut of the PPV as is often the case with headlining fighters.

Either that or just a very large guarantee. IIRC, Mendes went from around $50K (to show) to $500K when he stepped in for Aldo. That was a big PPV they had to save after spending a lot of money promoting so they so might not go quite as high for Nate but it should be a significant raise.

Oct 15, 2008
Has a fighter ever jumped two weight classes from one fight to the next like this?Go in there, whoo whoo, hit him with some good **** and come home with a pocket full of cash.From Chael Sonnen's comments during the press conference, it sounded like Big Nog doesn't know the difference between a horse and a bus.

In Brazil horses are the bus.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Not in the UFC, at least as far as I remember. It's really only a 10 lb weight difference between these two guys though as far as walking around weight goes. Or likely even less, given how good McGregor is at cutting weight. Diaz just didn't have time to cut to 155. Not like a typical 2-weight-class-jump of 30 lbs difference.

I can't think of examples of it happening in the UFC though. Sanctioning bodies don't often allow it. Again, this is different, as it's not really a jump as they'll both be the same weight approximately, so there wasn't an issue getting it sanctioned. For actual weight jumps, the only examples I can think of are fights like when Penn fought Machida, or loads of Japanese fights and open weight events.

Horsemeat Wand v CC

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
It's too bad McGregor couldn't fight the better Diaz but I can't wait. I am looking forward to this fight so much more than the Dos Anjos fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad