OT: UFC 186 at the Bell Centre tomorrow

RAWisJericho

Jul 15, 2007
Montréal
For those who didn't know already, UFC 186 will be at the Bell Centre tomorrow. Prelims on RDS2/TSN then main card on PPV at 10pm. The card isn't as good as it used to be but that's why they closed half of the Bell Centre and good tickets are available for an interesting price.

So if there's any UFC fans here, let's go cheer our 5 men and 1 woman from Quebec who will be fighting on the card!

https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventSh...aab33ba&_ga=1.157903290.1401859961.1424185683

Laps40

Dec 16, 2006
Montreal
the main card is terrible for a PPV card. No way i'm paying for this after all those cancellations. I'll still watch it at the local bar tough

RAWisJericho

Jul 15, 2007
Montréal
I'm a huge fan of mma, but this card is just not worth the money.
With Bisping, Rampage, even Demetrious Johnson who's one of the best fighters in the world. You add Pat Côté, Olivier Aubin-Mercier and the 4 other Quebecers, if you look at the tickets available it's worth the price for sure.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
With Bisping, Rampage, even Demetrious Johnson who's one of the best fighters in the world. You add Pat Côté, Olivier Aubin-Mercier and the 4 other Quebecers, if you look at the tickets available it's worth the price for sure.

Do you work for Zuffa or something? lol

I love Mighty Mouse but he is fighting another random that has no business being in a title fight just yet, Rampage is old and washed up while CB vs Bisping might be a good fight but it's not something that screams "must watch tv".

It's too bad because at one point the card looked amazing, but with the habs in the playoffs and Pac vs Maywheather next week it's really just an unfortunate storm that will imo hurt this card even worse.

I'll still watch, but it will be from a bar or by other means.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It's actually a solid card in terms of stylistic match-up.

I really like fights like:
- Makdessi vs Campbell
- Kaufman vs Davis
- Laprise vs Barberina
- DJ vs Horiguchi
- Markos vs Daly
- Almeida vs Jabouin

The card lacks star power, but i do think the potential entertainment level of that card is pretty good.

It's a shame Horiguchi is facing DJ now, cauz the kid is bloody good and certainly can be a legit challenge in a year or two. If there's anyone who has the potential to beat DJ, it's Horiguchi. Sadly, he's being rushed into this fight. Being the best prospect is not enough to beat THE BEST in the sport

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I ****ing lost it when I saw that washed up Rampage Jackson was fighting. Hilarious.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
It's actually a solid card in terms of stylistic match-up.

I really like fights like:
- Makdessi vs Campbell
- Kaufman vs Davis
- Laprise vs Barberina
- DJ vs Horiguchi
- Markos vs Daly
- Almeida vs Jabouin

The card lacks star power, but i do think the potential entertainment level of that card is pretty good.

It's a shame Horiguchi is facing DJ now, cauz the kid is bloody good and certainly can be a legit challenge in a year or two. If there's anyone who has the potential to beat DJ, it's Horiguchi. Sadly, he's being rushed into this fight.

Agreed,

I think a rematch vs Dodson would be the most sellable fight at this time for DJ, but he's still coming back from injury and will probably need a tune up fight before. Cejudo also has that potential to challenge DJ at some point, he has looked like a beast so far.

I'm a little surprised Kaufman vs Davis isn't on the PPV, could be a good fight.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I ****ing lost it when I saw that washed up Rampage Jackson was fighting. Hilarious.

I miss those Pride days..

MMA has become a lot more mainstream and popular, which was Dana White's plan all along, so good for him, but I just don't feel it's as special anymore. It's too bad because the fighters are so much better.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I put in a $2 mise-o-jeu parlay bet for tonight:
- Cote by KO (Riggs' body is likely broken)
- Almeida by KO (love Jabouin, but he has no chin and Almeida is a dangerous offensive striker)
- Clements by KO (It's pretty much the high risk high value part of the parlay, but Clements is a dangerous 1rst round guy and I was never sold on Nordine)

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
This main event is so boring...

Yup, but MM (just like Rousey) are such sure-bets to win that they make for good bets.

I bet on Makdessi, Cote, Rampage, Bisping each individually with MM in a 2-way parlay, then bet on Makdessi, Rampage, Bisping and MM in a 4-way parlay.

Pretty easy night for bets.

Also bet that Letourneau & Markos fights respectively would go the distance (usually a safe bet in wmma when Rousey's not fighting).

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I'm going to thank Montrealers who did not care to buy tickets for this card. I originally paid $68 per tickets for the top of the building seats with crappy view, thanks to the poor sales, my seats got upgraded to floor level behind the vip section. Had a heck of a time :yo:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I'm going to thank Montrealers who did not care to buy tickets for this card. I originally paid $68 per tickets for the top of the building seats with crappy view, thanks to the poor sales, my seats got upgraded to floor level behind the vip section. Had a heck of a time :yo:

could you make a DD sign of some sort .....please.........

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Nah just a bad card where a lot of fighters pulled out.

Have you notice that in the past couple of years guys are getting more and more hurt thus pulling out of events! Rigorous drug testing!!! Like the MLB no more immortals!!! Another thing guys are fighting boring because it's safer that way which is smart but boring.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Have you notice that in the past couple of years guys are getting more and more hurt thus pulling out of events! Rigorous drug testing!!! Like the MLB no more immortals!!! Another thing guys are fighting boring because it's safer that way which is smart but boring.

Yeah, a lot of truth in that... last nights main event was boring and was booed almost the whole way through.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I personally hated it when part of the crowd was chanting GSP when DJ was wrestling down Horiguchi. That chant was so stupid and hypocritical.

Probably because GSP was in the building, but yeah, I hate that. Some clown yelling at the fighters all night long.

But it was pretty funny when the announcer mistook the Ole chant for "Cooooottteeeeee Cote Cote Cote... Coootteeee"

djblue

May 21, 2008
I don't know about you guys but I had a great time there. I bought Club Desjardins tickets and when we got there we found out that all the blues/greys/whites and club were closed. So instead we got tickets in the reds in row BB ! It was a great card, the main-event was great it's just stupid people who don't know anything about MMA who were booing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad