OT: UFC-161 Presale

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Got an email yesterday with the password to the presale for UFC 161 live in the MTS Centre.

The password is: TRUENORTH (click and mouse over to see it)

Event link to ticketmaster: Ticketmaster - UFC 161 - Winnipeg, MB at Ticketmaster

Another password is: CANADA (click and mouse over to see it, how original...) - thanks Nationals28

Passwords are both good from 10:00am today (April 11/13) till 9:00am tomorrow (April 12/13)

It appears the tickets available are the most expensive ones on the floor and in the 100 level at $523.00 ($500 + $23 admin fee). At these prices I'm not THAT much of a UFC fan, but I figured I would share it with you guys in case some of you are :nod:

Hopefully I didn't break any forum rules with this post...

Last edited:

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
I have found tickets available in all price ranges but I used the presale code CANADA which is the UFC presale password.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I grabbed three of the cheapest tickets using the Blue Bombers presale code.

I think demand for this event was a little overestimated. We'll see how she goes tomorrow during general onsale.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
four of my friends got tickets yesterday in various price points. 2 enterance way tickets, 9 mid level and a few uppers as they are in the UFC premium club (think that is what it is called). Couldnt fathom paying 500+ but they are doing a draw friday for all of my friends.

Hope to get one in the 200 level or upper deck.

The card is not the greatest but it will be the atmosphere I am going for (plus a great night out with friends).

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I grabbed three of the cheapest tickets using the Blue Bombers presale code.

I think demand for this event was a little overestimated. We'll see how she goes tomorrow during general onsale.
We will see. A lot of their events are sold out of close to via presale.

Lots of scalpers get in on the action. There were actually some scalpers saying they had tickets before they were even available. Cheapest ($50) seats were in the $250 range. Obviously that isn't cash though.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I bought a few, scored row 2 in the upper bowl. Not a hugh fan, curiosity I guess. I'd trade for similar priced jets tickets.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Tickets are as cheap as $60 each. The $500 dollar ones are nutty, but P4, P5 and P6 aren't insane IMO.
Different sports, sitting in the P4, P5, P6 range for hockey nets you a good view.

Sitting in those types of sections for UFC nets you the atmosphere but not the greatest view. Lower bowl (floor, 100s, 200s) are priced at $164.25 - $523.00, if I sat in my seats at Jets games for the UFC I personally would be unhappy.

The cage isn't that big, it will sit basically where the Jets logo on the ice is.

I'd rather rent the event at home and watch the action up close, using the extra money for beer and wings.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Nabbed some tix for $266.
Not sure what the view will be like, but my buddies and I will have a good time regardless.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I'd rather rent the event at home and watch the action up close, using the extra money for beer and wings.

This.
I enjoy watching UFC events, but am not a big enough fan to spend the money they are asking.
Talking to people who have been to live events before, they say if you sit far back you spend most of your time watching the screens anyways. I'm sure the atmosphere is great though.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was able to get a ticket in the lower level. :handclap:

I noticed that the expensive ones are mostly still available.

Not many affordable tickets will be left to the general public for Friday.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
I've been to UFC events and sat in the upper and lower levels of arenas (MGM Grand, Honda Center, Staples Center) and I think the arena most like MTS is the MGM Grand in terms of there not really being a bad seat in the house. Long story short (too late), even the people sitting in the upper deck should have a pretty good view of the action, especially seeing that they look down on the cage instead of through it and around the cameramen..

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I've been to UFC events and sat in the upper and lower levels of arenas (MGM Grand, Honda Center, Staples Center) and I think the arena most like MTS is the MGM Grand in terms of there not really being a bad seat in the house. Long story short (too late), even the people sitting in the upper deck should have a pretty good view of the action, especially seeing that they look down on the cage instead of through it and around the cameramen..
That was my thoughts as well, I would go for the atmosphere.

But NOTHING beats the view from the cameramen in true HD on your 60" flatscreen!!! :D

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Thanks I just got mine although paying $370 was a bit steep, it couldn't find any in the next cheapest bracket and I didn't want to risk it tomorrow cause the tickets are going to go fast.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I've been watching the UFC (when available) since the mid 90's and have never been to an event. Now that it's finally coming to winnipeg , I'm losing interest. I haven't bight a Ppv in a year after buying everything for abou 15 years including Pride etc.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
when it was announced i was pretty pumped but not really digging it now, think ill just go over to a buddies and watch it.

Majorjetsfan

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Pumped for this I got some tickets in the 200 level for 160$
RADIO is another pre sale password but it looks like most are sold out now except for 500$ seats.
I never thought we would get a PPV here i thought it would be a ufc on fuel or something, the card is actually pretty good.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I tried today for fun right at 10 am & the only available seats were $369 & $523.

Hopefully the high rollers & the out of towners will buy these up for a complete sell out.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Actually I think the card is great and still can't believe Winnipeg got a numbered UFC event vs a Fight Night or FOX event. Huge news for the city, and Edmonton/Ottawa/Quebec etc not impressed we got it before them!

The card is not the greatest but it will be the atmosphere I am going for (plus a great night out with friends).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad