Speculation: UFA'S Holl,Kerfoot & Bunting Not Resigning With The Leafs

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Seems like you’re just making up a bunch of stuff.
If a suit said don’t pay Bunting 4/yr, most would agree with him. Why would you want to pay him that?
Suit could be Shanny. As I said, at the right price point I'd bring it back but Leafs do not seem to be interested so yes he might have priced himself out of town.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Suit could be Shanny. As I said, at the right price point I'd bring it back but Leafs do not seem to be interested so yes he might have priced himself out of town.
Agreed. Bunting is too small to be a top 6 on a contending team, yet he'll want a near-top 6 salary. His size and ability is best suited for another team. His embellishing and yappy dog thing does not live in the playoffs. Once some heaviness goes against him he'll be 175 pounds (all day).

Last edited:

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
yup. bunting was a beneficiary of getting top TOI and playing with elite players. If Robertson is healthy I think his production can easily be replaced.
eh, Robertson always looked a little timid and out of place imo. Hopefully he can get some more confidence this upcoming year. Knies will be a nice addition.

Bunting is fine but with the unnecessary penalties and lack of finish towards the end... makes sense he isn't being resigned.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Robertson should be good enough to at least get 40 points and pot about 15 to 20 goals IMO dependent on usage and TOI and QoT of linemates of course. And definitely dependent on competent coach lol

Knies was a surprise for me especially how well he played compared to his peers. He was confident, wasn't afraid to use his body or go into corners. Hopefully he doesn't catch blue and white disease.

Bunting IMO will regress moving forward. Whoever pays him top dollar is going to regret. I hope its pitsburgh and they suck ass LOL :laugh:
Sounds like he’s off to Edmonton then.:naughty:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Holmberg and Schenn replace Kerfoot and Holl at 1/4 the cap

But they will need to replace Bunting or get a decently good LW
Knies is taking one of the top 2 LW spots, Bertuzzi would be a perfect fit. A guy that plays with edge and is a legit top 6 player, age fits with the core as well.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner

Would be crazy stacked top 2 lines.

Who are we going to blame for everything wrong that happens now?
Shanahan obviously because he let boy genius Dubas go

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keefe to tender resignation
Dubas to sign Holl
Dubas to hire Keefe

You know it's happening

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
We can only hope, although I am sure Dubas is committed to Sullivan as Penguins' coach.
Some Penguins fans told me that the decision to hire/fire Sullivan comes only from FSG, like Hextall didn't have the authority to do so when he was GM.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Let's be honest here, at least for Bunting and Kerfoot, if their contract value asks fit they would be back. Bunting for sure will get 4+ mil on the open market (and not be able to live up to it). And unless Kerfoot is coming in at 1 mil, no way he can be here.

Holl could be free and still not welcomed imo.

I hope this means that Schenn, Acciari and (maybe) Kampf are back on good value contracts, fck knows our top guys aren't going to take a penny less than they can.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Knies is taking one of the top 2 LW spots, Bertuzzi would be a perfect fit. A guy that plays with edge and is a legit top 6 player, age fits with the core as well.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner

Would be crazy stacked top 2 lines.

What's that, about a $48M top 6? What could possibly go wrong? :sarcasm:

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I wasn't against keeping Bunting, but this might be his only chance at financial security so I'm not surprised we let him walk.

Kerfoot was ok as a Leaf. Holl...goodbye

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Good riddance Michael Bunting.

As a fan, I don't think I've ever been so embarassed to have someone playing on the team before.

Bunting disrespected the refs. He disrespected the coach. He disrespected the fans.

He disrespected the emblem on the jersey and everything it stands for.

Playing here is a privilege. Getting that much money to do something you love is an honour. At some point the team has to do what's right for everyone else and the fans.

Getting rid of a moron like Bunting would be a good place to start.

Stupidity oozes throughout this organization. From top to bottom it runs rampant. Stupid owners, stupid president, stupid GM, stupid coach.

Stupid Bunting.

Reactions: alliuk12

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
My brother went to high school with Bunting, and he says he was a cocky mouthy bugger back then as well.

He had the opportunity of his life to make a crapton of money and being an icon in his hometown, given that he was playing with the likes of Matthews & Marner as his linemates.

Kinda like Tyler Bozak, who had a very nice career, undrafted free agent, because he played with Phil Kessel and got points and icetime that he would never have playing on a 3rd line etc.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Give Treliving the GM of the year for these 3 decisions alone.

And hopefully Keefe is so distraught over losing his boy Holl that he puts in his letter of resignation ASAP!! 😉😉😉😉😉
Please please make this happen

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011

As a fan, I don't think I've ever been so embarassed to have someone playing on the team before.

Bunting disrespected the refs. He disrespected the coach. He disrespected the fans.

He disrespected the emblem on the jersey and everything it stands for.

Playing here is a privilege. Getting that much money to do something you love is an honour. At some point the team has to do what's right for everyone else and the fans.

Getting rid of a moron like Bunting would be a good place to start.

Stupidity oozes throughout this organization. From top to bottom it runs rampant. Stupid owners, stupid president, stupid GM, stupid coach.

Stupid Bunting.
Thank you for saying that because you are so right right to the last two words you wrote

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Keefe to tender resignation
Dubas to sign Holl
Dubas to hire Keefe

You know it's happening
I don't know if Keefe and Dubas were seeing eye to eye. Keefe was always suggesting the team lacked playoff Ingredients, mostly leadership and close to the net personalities. Dubas didn't seem to listen until this past deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if Keefe informed Treliving this. I think Keefe was more of a Dubas puppet than he wanted to be.

I still think Keefe should go.

Reactions: thewave

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
My brother went to high school with Bunting, and he says he was a cocky mouthy bugger back then as well.

He had the opportunity of his life to make a crapton of money and being an icon in his hometown, given that he was playing with the likes of Matthews & Marner as his linemates.

Kinda like Tyler Bozak, who had a very nice career, undrafted free agent, because he played with Phil Kessel and got points and icetime that he would never have playing on a 3rd line etc.

Bunting has to be the most unappreciative individual I've ever seen wear the blue and white.

I can't believe Keefe didn't bench him the next game after he disrespected Keefe like that.

No accountability, top to bottom, with this entire organization.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Are there quotes from Treliving or is this just writers speculation?
Pretty sure it's speculation by Johnston based on what his sources have told him. It's possible that the Leafs have let those players' agents know that they don't plan on bringing them back and Johnston heard it through them or someone in their office.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad