Speculation: UFA's and RFA's this offseason

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Bolded we keep, Underlined we keep if the money makes sense, anyone not bolded or underlined can take a hike.

RFAs

Marner
Kapanen

Johnnson
Ozhiganov

UFAs

Ennis
Gardiner
Hainsey
Marincin
Hutchinson

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Bringing back Hainsey will be like watching Marleau this year. An old guy who had a good year last season.

Also, you think Babcock will not pair him with Rielly?

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I'd like to keep Ennis. He seemed to like it here, too.

And I question whether he will command big money as an aging, undersized winger coming off an injury-shortened season with 4th line minutes. With the cap necessitating top-heavy pay structures league-wide and RFA prices increasing all the time, middle-of-the-road talents like Ennis don't cash in like they used to.

I'd offer him a 2-yr deal at ~$1million per and see if he bites.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Kapanen and Johnnson 20 goals no better than Browns 20 goals

2.5 x 3 for both.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Bolded we keep, Underlined we keep if the money makes sense, anyone not bolded or underlined can take a hike.

RFAs

Marner
Kapanen
Johnnson

Ozhiganov

UFAs

Ennis
Gardiner
Hainsey
Marincin
Hutchinson

We have $13.3 m in available cap space - see post #4. You added about (approx) $17.3 m (10 + 3 + 3 + 1.6). Another player would need to be subtracted/traded in addition to the five you identified.

Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would hope that Dubas would at least look into signing or trading for another back up goalie and not going into training camp with Sparks as the #2 behind Andersen.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You expect the forward lines be the same with the raises to Matthews, Marner, Kap and AJ? Not possible. We are over the cap there. We also can not have such an expensive 3rd line. Dubas payed Nylander to be a 3rd liner? This is a mess.
I just plugged them in there as they were set this year to show who was on the roster without UFA's. I didn't look at cap implications.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad