GDT: UFA Watch central thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Rieder = the next DD

He will play so many minutes, I can feel it.

Well, the biggest frustration with DD was that he was being overplayed relative to other guys. In the case of Rieder, there are no other guys. Maybe in a year or so when Poehling and Coke 'n Pepsi are ready. But who's he going to take ice-time away from? Plekanec (assuming he signs)? DLR?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm hoping to trade Pacioretty and Byron for futures, sign a cheap vet C to eat tough minutes, and sign Calvin De Haan. CDH is the one guy I wouldn't mind throwing term at since our need at LD is long term. To me we addressed our long term C need in the draft when we drafted Kotkaniemi 3rd and 3 other guys who I had in the top 60. We need a C for this year, but Poehling will be ready by next year and Kotkaniemi should be close too.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
just want to see bergy offer 15 millions /7 years to tavares....just to see another team match that and be stuck with it

id rather Bergy do that, Tavares accepts 12 a yr and when ask why he didnt accept MTLs offer, states "he wont go near the shitshow thats been created there"

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'm hoping to trade Pacioretty and Byron for futures, sign a cheap vet C to eat tough minutes, and sign Calvin De Haan. CDH is the one guy I wouldn't mind throwing term at since our need at LD is long term. To me we addressed our long term C need in the draft when we drafted Kotkaniemi 3rd and 3 other guys who I had in the top 60. We need a C for this year, but Poehling will be ready by next year and Kotkaniemi should be close too.
So you’re 100% certain that Kotkaniemi and poehling will be game breakers? Well
I’m sure the hell not and those guys are 3-4 years away from making the Habs a good team

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So you’re 100% certain that Kotkaniemi and poehling will be game breakers? Well
I’m sure the hell not and those guys are 3-4 years away from making the Habs a good team
From the looks of it, Poehling and Kotkaniemi won’t be solely responsible for bringing us back to respectability. We are getting a couple high draft picks in the next year or two, bank on it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
From the looks of it, Poehling and Kotkaniemi won’t be solely responsible for bringing us back to respectability. We are getting a couple high draft picks in the next year or two, bank on it.
Ott, van , NYR , DET and AZ will be worse than us. And don’t count on buffalo being better than us this year. Habs will not get Hughes

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Ott, van , NYR , DET and AZ will be worse than us. And don’t count on buffalo being better than us this year. Habs will not get Hughes

Arizona went 20-14-7 to finish their season, they could be better than Montreal, the rest I agree.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Arizona went 20-14-7 to finish their season, they could be better than Montreal, the rest I agree.
When teams are completely out , it’s easier to play
Also , Carolina will be awful as well. Really really bad

Aug 25, 2009
éal
When teams are completely out , it’s easier to play
Also , Carolina will be awful as well. Really really bad
Either that, or they will be super good. Carolina always have great season out of the blue from time to time, it's weird.

I think bottom 5 will be Montréal, Detroit, Vancouver and maybe Arizona and Rangers. I think Ottawa will do better this year.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Either that, or they will be super good. Carolina always have great season out of the blue from time to time, it's weird.

I think bottom 5 will be Montréal, Detroit, Vancouver and maybe Arizona and Rangers. I think Ottawa will do better this year.
Ottawa???
Ottawa is gonna be the worst team in thr league.
They have no goaltending at all.

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad