Value of: UFA Sam Gagner

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I could easily see Sam Ganger in Toronto a couple wingers need to go and you got to replace them somehow

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
This guy just cannot stick with one team. And he was good in Junior. What happened?
he's an extremely one dimensional offensive player. he needs to be heavily sheltered and he's a good, not great power play player

one of those true tweeners not good enough to stick around in the NHL as a top six player, doesn't have a well rounded game enough to play in a responsible bottom six role

I think him and Brandon pirri are two prime examples of those types of players

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
he's an extremely one dimensional offensive player. he needs to be heavily sheltered and he's a good, not great power play player

one of those true tweeners not good enough to stick around in the NHL as a top six player, doesn't have a well rounded game enough to play in a responsible bottom six role

I think him and Brandon pirri are two prime examples of those types of players
Torts used him to perfection in Columbus and he really should thank Torts for that last contract. He did look really good in that very specific role though

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Torts used him to perfection in Columbus and he really should thank Torts for that last contract. He did look really good in that very specific role though
yeah and that was really the perfect situation for him because Columbus during his tenure there really lacked high end offensive talent besides Atkinson and panarin, so there was a spot for him to eat up power play time and move up and down the lineup as needed. he's just not a player that will have a role on any kind of team with deep playoff aspirations though. he can bounce around as cheap affordable production for the bottom half teams wanting to give their youth more time to develop

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
yeah and that was really the perfect situation for him because Columbus during his tenure there really lacked high end offensive talent besides Atkinson and panarin, so there was a spot for him to eat up power play time and move up and down the lineup as needed. he's just not a player that will have a role on any kind of team with deep playoff aspirations though. he can bounce around as cheap affordable production for the bottom half teams wanting to give their youth more time to develop
Panarin wasnt there yet actually, still had Saad. Its the year Wennberg had his big year but honestly I believe Hartnell was the key to everything

Reactions: lilfedor

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I'm sure someone will give him a multi-year option. Otherwise CBJ will ring him up for another 1 year / below fair market contract and he can help on the powerplay.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d rather have Ennis as that guy
Ennis scored 40 points this year. He'll have options and he'll probably get paid.

I think Gagner probably has options also, but he's looking at a dirt cheap one year deal. I like Toronto as a potential destination simply due to his own personal needs.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Ennis scored 40 points this year. He'll have options and he'll probably get paid.

I think Gagner probably has options also, but he's looking at a dirt cheap one year deal. I like Toronto as a potential destination simply due to his own personal needs.
Sorry I was thinking of guy that can be used to play up and down a lineup. If he can get paid good for him he deserves it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’d rather have Ennis as that guy

Ennis is no worse than a top 9 forward on this team, let's be serious here.

It wouldn't surprise me if Edmonton brought him back, he's well liked and one of those 'good in the room' guys, but yeah he really shouldn't be anything more than a 14th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad