OT: UFA predictor

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Thought it would be fun in a long offseason to have a thread to predict where all the top UFA's land this offseason just for fun to see who gets the most right. I went through the list and came up with these 32 players, and these are my predictions:

Miller- San Jose/Washington
Vanek- Minnesota
Callahan- Buffalo
Stastny- Colorado
Moulson- Anaheim
Hiller- Winnipeg
Gaborik- LA
Niskanen - Colorado
Legwand- Carolina
D.Boyle- Detroit
Vrbata- Calgary
Grabovski- Nashville
Cammalerri - New Jersey
Hemsky- Montreal
Markov- Montreal
Bolland- Florida
Kulimin- Pitsburgh
Raymond- Nashville
Orpik- Pitsburgh
Nikitin - Washington
Iginla - Boston
Michalek - Tampa Bay
Greene- Toronto
Setoguchi - Phoenix
Ott- St.Louis
Roy- Washington
Heatley- Florida
Gilbert- Florida
Downie- Tampa Bay
Meszaros- islanders
B.Boyle- Edmonton
Fayne- Carolina

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Thought it would be fun in a long offseason to have a thread to predict where all the top UFA's land this offseason just for fun to see who gets the most right. I went through the list and came up with these 32 players, and these are my predictions:

Miller- San Jose/Washington
Vanek- Minnesota
Callahan- Buffalo
Stastny- Colorado
Moulson- Anaheim
Hiller- Winnipeg
Gaborik- LA
Niskanen - Colorado
Legwand- Carolina
D.Boyle- Detroit
Vrbata- Calgary
Grabovski- Nashville
Cammalerri - New Jersey
Hemsky- Montreal
Markov- Montreal
Bolland- Florida
Kulimin- Pitsburgh
Raymond- Nashville
Orpik- Pitsburgh
Nikitin - Washington
Iginla - Boston
Michalek - Tampa Bay
Greene- Toronto
Setoguchi - Phoenix
Ott- St.Louis
Roy- Washington
Heatley- Florida
Gilbert- Florida
Downie- Tampa Bay
Meszaros- islanders
B.Boyle- Edmonton
Fayne- Carolina

Those are some solid predictions, although I can totally see Moulson ending back up with the Islanders..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I believe it was stated that San Jose is not interested in bringing Miller in.

link:

Shortly after the Blues announced they wouldn’t be retaining Miller’s services, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports both Anaheim and San Jose are going to take a pass on the veteran netminder:

You can also rule out fellow California club San Jose. The word out of there is that the Sharks are going to continue to focus on their mini-rebuild and it’s about youth for them. Adding veterans players is not in the cards in San Jose.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Don't really know why SJ or Anaheim would bring Miller in. Goaltending is not a problem for either.

I can't even really think of a team that would be desparate to get Miller now that Halak signed in NY. Maybe Washington would have interest. Philly may, though I'm sure they are happy with Mason. Winnipeg could but I'm not sure Miller would go there.

Minny is a team that makes sense in my mind, given Harding and Backstroms health. Seems like a for both sides but they would have to come up with the cap space.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I can't even really think of a team that would be desparate to get Miller now that Halak signed in NY. Maybe Washington would have interest. Philly may, though I'm sure they are happy with Mason. Winnipeg could but I'm not sure Miller would go there.

Minny is a team that makes sense in my mind, given Harding and Backstroms health. Seems like a for both sides but they would have to come up with the cap space.

Washington and Minny are probably the most likely. I think the Caps are pretty contempt with Holtby though. Gotta give the kid a chance.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I see Vancouver as a destination. You can't trust Lack

I see that to actually, good call. Linden will want some stability in net, even the B's have a history with giving someone like Thomas a chance, an older goalie in the twilight of their career. I think it's likely that Benning/Linden make a push to get him signed, as long as it's no more than 3 years. Markstrom may still develop into a quality #1. I don't foresee any team offering Miller a long term deal.

I said Buffalo, because why not? He knows the city, the Sabres already got their assets for dealing him. They basically have crap in net, they also have a slew of high draft picks and cap room to right the ship and they have a GM that is eager to put his own stamp on the team. I know it's a long shot, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

Miller- Anahiem
Vanek- Minnesota
Callahan- Edmonton
Stastny- Colorado
Moulson- NYI
Hiller- Toronto
Gaborik- Colorado
Niskanen - Colorado
Legwand-Calgary
D.Boyle- Detroit
Vrbata- Nashville
Grabovski- KHL
Cammalerri - Toronto
Hemsky- NYI
Markov- KHL
Bolland- Winnipeg
Kulimin- Carolina
Raymond- Calgary
Orpik- New Jersey
Nikitin - KHL
Iginla - LA
Michalek - Phoenix
Greene- San Jose
Setoguchi - Montreal
Ott- Dallas
Roy- Vancouver
Heatley- PTO Calgary
Gilbert- Who Cares
Downie- Pittsburgh
Meszaros- Montreal
B.Boyle- NYR
Fayne- New Jersey

K, I thought I'd try it. Just throwing darts at a dartboard. I want Downie, Westgarth, Raymond, Hannan, Emery and Komarov. Any of those and I am happy. Also, lets bring back Nigel Dawes!!

May 27, 2012
Earth
I don't know. It may make VanCity a playoff team again adding Miller to the mix and a new coach. This year was a disaster. Lack is alright shouldn't be given the Starting job right right off the bat. If I was Benning I would sign him to a 1-2 year deal. They would have to compete for a wildcard spot though with the Cali teams in the mix.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't know. It may make VanCity a playoff team again adding Miller to the mix and a new coach. This year was a disaster. Lack is alright shouldn't be given the Starting job right right off the bat. If I was Benning I would sign him to a 1-2 year deal. They would have to compete for a wildcard spot though with the Cali teams in the mix.

Thats fine, they can be first round fodder in that case. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad