UFA Frenzy/Offseason Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He's not. Roslovic has at least shown flashes of being capable in some defensive-like roles, like the PK. Neither Strome can do even that much.

Seriously, if we go for either Strome brother during free agency, so much goodwill I was feeling from the draft is going to shrivel and die. Friends Don't Let Friends Acquire stromes.

I don't think he's an upgrade on either player.

Meh. Given that Roslovic can't put it all together for more than 35ish games at a time, I'd still take a flier. At the very least, it'd give the team flexibility to move Jenner back to LW if they so choose.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

So today they'll have a live stream of Bob and Jody rambling about UFA stuff we can already find out on twitter and TSN/ESPN but no coverage of dev camp 3vs3 scrimmages.

Hoo freaking ray.

Quite honestly and not to sound like a dick because you’re not wrong per se but… that broadcast is not for you then.

Reactions: Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Looks like Johnny Hockey and Trocheck going to Metro. Can we relocate to the pacific division for a few years ?

Side question - when was the last time the free agency day was a huge success for Columbus ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
is this a "oh no, metro is getting better." thread ?

Timmins is sadly not a player. :help:

I feel like I want more offence but the team did pretty well in that part last year actually. who could help reduce goal against, some vet RD ?

I'm hoping the jackets try for zadorov and deal a couple of wingers. I don't expect anything big signing wise. We could still see a big trade, but that wouldn't happen until free agent frenzy end.
the team would need more RD than LD help without trading someone else.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
No reason to add anyone to this roster outside of a leader/agitator-type guy. This team is not a free agent away from the Cup, or even the playoffs. Keep building through the draft and hopefully get a top 2 pick next year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
is this a "oh no, metro is getting better." thread ?

Timmins is sadly not a player. :help:

I feel like I want more offence but the team did pretty well in that part last year actually. who could help reduce goal against, some vet RD ?

the team would need more RD than LD help without trading someone else.
The two worst teams in the division are supposed to be big players today so yeah, Metro is annoying.

On paper, I believe the Jackets will have the weakest roster in the division come the opening day

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Looks like Johnny Hockey and Trocheck going to Metro. Can we relocate to the pacific division for a few years ?

Side question - when was the last time the free agency day was a huge success for Columbus ?

Free agency isn't meant for roster building. It's called silly season for a reason.

Reactions: CBJx614

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The two worst teams in the division are supposed to be big players today so yeah, Metro is annoying.

On paper, I believe the Jackets will have the weakest roster in the division come the opening day

It’s a good thing Columbus is build to start winning in 2-3 years time.
Most of these signings will look bad by then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad