Speculation: UFA flip targets this summer

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Will Butcher, Markus Nutivaara, Ryan Murray, Troy Stetcher, Ilya Mikheyev, Maxim Mamin, Mason Marchment, Valeri Nichushkin, Andre Burakovsky, Evan Rodrigues, Calle Jarnkrok...

Definitely some names out there that have flip potential

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Will Butcher, Markus Nutivaara, Ryan Murray, Troy Stetcher, Ilya Mikheyev, Maxim Mamin, Mason Marchment, Valeri Nichushkin, Andre Burakovsky, Evan Rodrigues, Calle Jarnkrok...

Definitely some names out there that have flip potential
I wouldnt mind most of those guys to be honest.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Strome and Kubalik
Given how other teams weren't that interested in those guys, I'm not sure if they do anything for the Hawks other than win them more games. I'm expecting neither to be qualified at this point.

I think Kubalik will go somewhere where they use him properly and he will score 50+ points and 25+ goals again.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Man those UFA all are old. Kick kubalik, resign Strome. Grab someone with skill to be a middle six. Trade away a couple of the 10 fourth liners we have. Sign a veteran defenseman and fly straight into the 1OA 2023 draft

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Mamim would be a good add for the right price.....Strome with an incentive based contrac ---same salary, but another $2MM in incentives (50%+ on the draw, 50 points type of thing). Not sure what happened to Kubalik's game....but you know he can score 20+ goals on a decent line....he just can't be the grinder/board guy.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Man those UFA all are old. Kick kubalik, resign Strome. Grab someone with skill to be a middle six. Trade away a couple of the 10 fourth liners we have. Sign a veteran defenseman and fly straight into the 1OA 2023 draft
You suggested things that would improve them though

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You suggested things that would improve them though
Yep, I think part of them not wanting to bring back Strome and Kubalik is that if they do what they're capable of, the Hawks win too many games, plus the fact that despite being decent 2nd liners, they're both flawed players and as such don't have much value.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Calle Jarnkrok
Ryan Murray
Pretty sure GMs would be after Stepan or Edler type of players at the TDL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You either overpay early for more money less term or you let the carousel take a couple spins and see who is left without a dance partner several weeks in.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
not sure about that. Contenders will look at other players and won't want to pay UFA prices. Teams like the Hawks can sign them for more and offer better roles on the roster. That may be worth more and in the end they could get flipped at the TDL.

Not saying it's going to happen, but there will be always those kind of deals out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad