Proposal: UFA EU Targets

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Neumann's an interesting name. Actually don't know why he hasn't been signed. Even to an AHL deal. He's only 5'9" but his skating looks good and he seems to get to the areas he needs to be productive and score goals.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Julius Nattinen

Yeah, he's scoring non-stop in Kubalik's former spot for Ambri. 8 goals in 5 games. Pretty much the same type of player. Maybe not quite as skilled but even bigger and even better two way game. But for a big man he's a good skater and his finish is similar to Kubalik's. Always in the right spot and he's making the lasers and one timers he's firing look incredibly easy.

Remains to be seen if he can keep it up but he was point per game for JYP, too last season scoring 33 goals.
Again, reminds me a lot of Kubalik. He also admitted that Kubalik's story is the reason why he ended up in Ambri. Nättinen wants to play in the NHL and I don't know why he shouldn't be good enough to do it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yeah, he's scoring non-stop in Kubalik's former spot for Ambri. 8 goals in 5 games. Pretty much the same type of player. Maybe not quite as skilled but even bigger and even better two way game. But for a big man he's a good skater and his finish is similar to Kubalik's. Always in the right spot and he's making the lasers and one timers he's firing look incredibly easy.

Remains to be seen if he can keep it up but he was point per game for JYP, too last season scoring 33 goals.
Again, reminds me a lot of Kubalik. He also admitted that Kubalik's story is the reason why he ended up in Ambri. Nättinen wants to play in the NHL and I don't know why he shouldn't be good enough to do it.

Can very much see him the next hawk European import
There are forward spots available especially top 6

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015

Is there a reason he has the yellow helmet with flames on it and the rest of the team had blue helmets?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is there a reason he has the yellow helmet with flames on it and the rest of the team had blue helmets?

Yeah, and I don't know why no other country does this. In Switzerland, the teams leading scorers get to wear the yellow helmet and a special yellow jersey. Makes a lot of sense:

- additional sponsor paying lots of money
- top scorers are easier to identify for both fans and opponents

It's the Swiss post behind it. They're paying money to the teams and national junior programs for every point scored by their top scorers. I think they're also paying money to the league for the tv exposure. In my view this is a great deal for everybody.

Game Center National League

Last season, Pius Suter, with his 53 points, generated 15'900 Swiss Francs for the ZSC Lions junior program.

Last edited:

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Yeah, and I don't know why no other country does this. In Switzerland, the teams leading scorers get to wear the yellow helmet and a special yellow jersey. Makes a lot of sense:

- additional sponsor paying lots of money
- top scorers are easier to identify for both fans and opponents

It's the Swiss post behind it. They're paying money to the teams and national junior programs for every point scored by their top scorers. I think they're also paying money to the league for the tv exposure. In my view this is a great deal for everybody.

Game Center National League

Last season, Pius Suter, with his 53 points, generated 15'900 Swiss Francs for the ZSC Lions junior program.
Yeah and if you go back and watch the Kubalik youtubes, he was wearing the yellow "TOP SCORER" jersey too.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Julius Nattinen sounds exactly like the Kahun/Kubalik/Suter situations...lights out European numbers after a brief CHL experience...I say sign him up Stan

Bowman also had his sights on Mats Zuccarello years back before he signed with the Rangers...

Niemi
Ranta
Rasmussen
Panarin
Kempny and Rutta both eventually won Cups
Kampf
Kahun
Kubalik
Suter

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Interesting interview after he scored 4 goals vs ZSC.

Dominic Zwerger at eliteprospects.com

No coincidence that Zwerger's assist total started going up again after a down year without Kubalik.

Smaller sample size of course but right now, looking at just goals, Nättinen is outscoring both Suter and Kubalik who, over 50 games, put up 30 and 25 goals respectively.

Reactions: bwana63

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

It's in Swiss German but this is an interesting interview with Ambri GM Paolo Duca. Very good man btw. One of the most knowledgeable in Swiss hockey. Absolute legend, as a player he was known for leadership and work ethic, also played for the Swiss national team. One part of the interview was about Nättinen:

- Apparently Duca approached Nättinen's agent a year ago but the answer was no because Nättinen wanted to play KHL or, preferably, NHL
- Nättinen's agent called him back in April, apparently covid changed Nättinen's plans
- Duca thinks that Nättinen isn't quite where Kubalik was when signing his deal with Chicago
- Says Nättinen has to get physically stronger to win more more battles and improve his defensive game as well
- When asked about Nättinen potentially staying for more than one year he wasn't particularly optimistic though. I think he knows Nättinen will get his NHL gig
- Says Nättinen's work ethic is outstanding, he's practicing hard, driven to get better and he has huge potential

Very interesting. I actually thought that Nättinen's already quite strong physically. Sure could learn how to use his body more efficiently though. Also interesting that Duca isn't quite happy with Nättinen's two way game. I thought that's actually one of his strongest points. I'd have criticized other points but I trust the man. Duca knows what he's talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad