UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I see GOATnaldo has two vs the Swiss already.
He could easily have had 4 by now. In all honesty, things kind of broke down after his brace, as now his teammates are over looking for him. Thats fine with a 3-0 lead, but they often do that when they need an important goal as well.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Love to see Norway win in Sweden. Hope they can keep it up - Norway deserves to try and not be the constant little brother in Scandinavia.

Knowing Sweden they will get a penalty soon tho, especially considering Norways pen was a bs call.

For the life of me, can't figure out why Sweden plays such a boring brand of football - They have the offensive talent to be way more bold.

Reactions: luiginb

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Will be looking forward to the Austria - Denmark game tomorrow.

Have a feeling Austria takes it, they look rejuvinated after Rangnick took over - And Denmark have a habit of playing at a subpar level after having a good game against a good team.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Spain get equalizers in stoppage time in the first half, and at 90 mins in the second half.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bulgaria exists solely to make Romanians feel better about ourselves.

And to confuse Russians with a limited understanding of early medieval history, I spent an hour over the weekend explaining why there were two different groups of Bulgars (Volga Bolgars & future-Bulgarians) & why only one of them was slavicized :laugh:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Hard to believe at one point Bulgaria actually qualified for tournaments, they conceded 5 goals at home to Georgia today ffs

Even if their teams weren't necessarily great, Bulgaria always seemed to have at least a couple of really good players. Right now I can't even name 1 player from the national team. I know of one Bulgarian player in the Belgian League but have no clue if he's an international for his country or not.

Maybe it's just their worst generation of players ever or something is seriously wrong with their youth development.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Santos has no excuse to start Moutinho at Dmid ever again, or have him start at all.

Ruben Neves transforms our entire midfield, Bruno Fernandes had his best match in ages yesterday, and Bernardo when he came on was utterly majestic. They didn't have to drag themselves back to the Cb's to progress the ball with Neves there. He and even Willliam in good form passed in between the lines and into space.

----------------------------Neves------------------------------
---------Otavio/Sanches/Bruno----------Vitinha---------------
---------------------------Bernardo--------------------------

That should be Portugals starting midfield, and yes Vitinha is that good. He's Portugal's best prospect since C Ronaldo imho. Amazing box to box midfielder.

Then start two of Ronaldo/Leao/Felix/Jota against "big teams". Against anyone else start Felix-Ronaldo-Andre Silva/Leao/Jota and play a midfield trio of Neves-Vitinha-Bernardo.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Even if their teams weren't necessarily great, Bulgaria always seemed to have at least a couple of really good players. Right now I can't even name 1 player from the national team. I know of one Bulgarian player in the Belgian League but have no clue if he's an international for his country or not.

Maybe it's just their worst generation of players ever or something is seriously wrong with their youth development.
Don't get to follow the Belgian league too much - Can you give your 2 cents on Andreas Skov Olsen, has he lived up to peoples expectations?

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't get to follow the Belgian league too much - Can you give your 2 cents on Andeas Skov Olsen, has he lived up to peoples expectations?
He just signed there IIRC. He disappointed in Italy. I like him a lot though.

I also love Vitinha and think very highly of him.
I drafted him in my keeper league a while ago. (Olsen too for that matter but fortunately I traded him before his stock fell).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He just signed there IIRC. He disappointed in Italy. I like him a lot though.

I also love Vitinha and think very highly of him.
I drafted him in my keeper league a while ago. (Olsen too for that matter but fortunately I traded him before his stock fell).
He didn't really get to play that much in Bologna afaik - He did an interview just after, saying that the coach just didn't play him in a way he could be effective. (too defensive)

Imo, his talent has never been in question, always plays well for Denmark.

He just signed there, but surely must have left an impression after 15 or so games?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
He didn't really get to play that much in Bologna afaik - He did an interview just after, saying that the coach just didn't play him in a way he could be effective. (too defensive)

Imo, his talent has never been in question, always plays well for Denmark.

He just signed there, but surely must have left an impression after 15 or so games?

He'd been phenomenal. Already convinced everyone in Bruges we will only be able to keep him for 1 more (full) season.
He played right wing in a 3-5-2 formation but he was very good defensively while his offensive stats were fantastic.
Very intelligent player, and very hard to defend as he can easily beat you on the outside and has a great cross, yet he also scored several goals cutting inside and finishing.
Not sure how it didn't work in Bologna but extremely happy we have him here in Bruges.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He'd been phenomenal. Already convinced everyone in Bruges we will only be able to keep him for 1 more (full) season.
He played right wing in a 3-5-2 formation but he was very good defensively while his offensive stats were fantastic.
Very intelligent player, and very hard to defend as he can easily beat you on the outside and has a great cross, yet he also scored several goals cutting inside and finishing.
Not sure how it didn't work in Bologna but extremely happy we have him here in Bruges.
Thanks! Super awesome to hear :)

Kickoff in Vienna has been delayed due to a power outage
How the hell does this happen in a country like Austria in this day and age? - They are saying the game might even be postponed now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad