UEFA Europa & Conference League 2022/23

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The qualifying rounds will be complete in two weeks time as the playoffs start next week. Couple of major surprises in the Conference League where FC Vaduz (Liechtenstein, but play in Swiss 2nd tier) eliminated Konyaspor and Maltese side Hamrun Spartans eliminated teams from Bosnia and Bulgaria to make the playoffs.

We already know for the first time ever a team from Armenia and Lithuania will play in a Euro club group stage competition, there is still potential for teams from Bosnia, Kosovo and Malta to do it for the first time ever as well but they still need to win their playoff matches

EUROPA LEAGUE
Teams already qualified: Roma, Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Lazio, Union Berlin, Freiburg, Nantes, Stade Rennes, Braga, Feyenoord, Monaco, Strum Graz, Union SG, FC Midtjylland + the six CL playoff losers

Playoff Round
Dnipro (UKR) vs. AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Gent (BEL) vs. Omonia Nicosia (CYP)
Austria Wien (AUT) vs. Fenerbahce (TUR)
FC Zurich (SUI) vs. Hearts (SCO)
HJK Helsinki (FIN) vs. Silkeborg (DEN)
Malmo (SWE) vs. Sivasspor (TUR)
Ferencvaros (HUN) vs. Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Apollon Limassol (CYP) vs. Olympiakos (GRE)
Pyunik (ARM) vs. Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Ludogorets (BUL) vs. Zalgiris (LTU)

*Winners advance to the EL group stage; losers will drop to the Conference League group stage

CONFERENCE LEAGUE
Nobody qualified automatically, the winners of these ties go to the group stage, losers eliminated from Europe

Maribor (SVN) vs. CFR Cluj (ROU)
RFS (LVA) vs. Linfield (NIR)
Lech Poznan (POL) vs. F91 Dudelange (LUX)
Shkupi (MKD) vs. Balkani (KOS)
Zrinjski Mostar (BIH) vs. Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
CSKA Sofia (BUL) vs. FC Basel (SUI)
FC Vaduz (LIE) vs. Rapid Wien (AUT)
Rakow Czestochowa (POL) vs. Slavia Prague (CZE)
APOEL (CYP) vs. Djurgardens (SWE)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) vs. Nice (FRA)
Universitatea Craiova (ROU) vs. Hapoel Beer Sheva (ISR)
Istanbul BB (TUR) vs. Royal Antwerp (BEL)
Steaua Bucharest (ROU) vs. Viking (NOR)
Partizan Belgrade (SRB) vs. Hamrun Spartans (MLT)
Fiorentina (ITA) vs. FC Twente (NED)
Villarreal (ESP) vs. Hajduk Split (CRO)
Koln (GER) vs. Fehervar (HUN)
West Ham United (ENG) vs. Viborg (DEN)
Young Boys (SUI) vs. Anderlecht (BEL)
Slovacko (CZE) vs. AIK (SWE)
Molde (NOR) vs. Wolfsberger (AUT)
AZ Alkmaar (NED) vs. Gil Vicente (POR)

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Some strange matchups in the CFL where you have Riga/Linfield or Shkupi/Balkani but then also Twente/Fiorentina or Anderlecht/Young Boys. Pretty surprising tournament so far.

Only one game tonight as Djurgården beat APOEL 3-0 as it looks like finally another Swedish team apart from Malmö will make a European group stage

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Some strange matchups in the CFL where you have Riga/Linfield or Shkupi/Balkani but then also Twente/Fiorentina or Anderlecht/Young Boys. Pretty surprising tournament so far.

Only one game tonight as Djurgården beat APOEL 3-0 as it looks like finally another Swedish team apart from Malmö will make a European group stage

Hey hey hey, don't try to jinx things now

Decent form right now, 11 wins and 2 draws since last loss. 5 out of 5 in Europe.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Anderlecht with a good 1-0 win away to Young Boys. CB Decroix scored after Fabio Silva's shot was blocked on the goal line.

Villarreal are suprisingly losing at home against Hajduk Split.

EDit: Scamacca heads West Ham ahead, and Fiorentina also quickly took the lead against Twente.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maccabi Tel Aviv took a 1-0 from Nice at home today. Wouldn’t expect much away, but good result for them.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht with a good 1-0 win away to Young Boys. CB Decroix scored after Fabio Silva's shot was blocked on the goal line.

Great result for them and hopefully, finally, a return to European football after the horrible Kompany years
Antwerp with a very good result as well, scoring a late goal to take a 1-1 draw away from Basaksehir in Turkey

Belgium desperately needs a good European season because our coefficient is pretty much in shambles

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bowen scores second for Hammers, shot just inside the post. Kehrer comes on for his debut.

Former Barca youth player Nils Mortimer comes on for Viborg a the same time. He never could break throuh at Barca, interesting to see what kind of career he can make himself now at the age of 21.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Nice and Koln lose their Conference League first leg playoffs, Nice will at least return home with only a goal deficit while Koln lost 2:1 at home to Fehervar

The champions of Kosovo and BiH on the verge of becoming the first clubs from their country to make a Euro group stage at club level, Ballkani won 2:1 in Macedonia while Zrinjski won 1:0 at home to Slovan Bratislava

Pretty much most ties are still very open

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Look forward to this so much. It’s absolutely fantastic to have the pleasure of watching Djurgården in Europe. It was very well deserved as well, Djurgården are a very complete, well built and well coached side and I think we could do well.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The qualifying rounds will be complete in two weeks time as the playoffs start next week. Couple of major surprises in the Conference League where FC Vaduz (Liechtenstein, but play in Swiss 2nd tier) eliminated Konyaspor and Maltese side Hamrun Spartans eliminated teams from Bosnia and Bulgaria to make the playoffs.

We already know for the first time ever a team from Armenia and Lithuania will play in a Euro club group stage competition, there is still potential for teams from Bosnia, Kosovo and Malta to do it for the first time ever as well but they still need to win their playoff matches

Not the first time for Armenia.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I noticed that Joel Asoro is back in Sweden playing for them. It never quite worked for him In England with Sunderland/Swansea.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
David Neres fully healthy after that ACL injury is doing work for Benfica. 4 assist and 1 goal in 3 UCL matches so far. Him and Enzo Fernandez have really improved Benfica's team, also Roger Schmidt seems like a nice fit there.

Enzo won't last long there, probably gonna command a huge fee also. Complete midfielder.

edit: wrong thead lol, but gonna just let it sink

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I noticed that Joel Asoro is back in Sweden playing for them. It never quite worked for him In England with Sunderland/Swansea.
He’s been used as a sub or rotational option for most of the season, but has very good goal and assist production whenever he plays. Struggled quite a lot in the beggining of the season but seems to be first choice now (hopefully). He is clearly very talented still and has been one of the leagues best attackers for the last two months or so. I think he can make it in a bigger league later on considering he is only 23.

Reactions: gary69

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
He’s been used as a sub or rotational option for most of the season, but has very good goal and assist production whenever he plays. Struggled quite a lot in the beggining of the season but seems to be first choice now (hopefully). He is clearly very talented still and has been one of the leagues best attackers for the last two months or so. I think he can make it in a bigger league later on considering he is only 23.

He needed about 14-15 months to rebuild himself both physically and mentally. This summer he has almost looked to good for Allsvenskan. I'm pretty sure the only one to leave this window will be Isak Hien, but wouldn't be surprised if Asoro will leave in the winter window

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He needed about 14-15 months to rebuild himself both physically and mentally. This summer he has almost looked to good for Allsvenskan. I'm pretty sure the only one to leave this window will be Isak Hien, but wouldn't be surprised if Asoro will leave in the winter window
I agree. Might be hard to hold on to the likes of Asoro, Ekdal and Finndell in the winter if we do well in Europe.

Reactions: Prntscrn

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big games today. I have a soft spot for Scottish teams not called Celtic or Rangers. I'm hoping Hearts can get a result today and make their way into the group stages.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Big games today. I have a soft spot for Scottish teams not called Celtic or Rangers. I'm hoping Hearts can get a result today and make their way into the group stages.
yeah me too, especially hibs.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
West Ham cruising through, leading 5-1 on agg already. Köln look like they're turning around their match-up, having taken 2-0 lead after losing the first leg.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Maccabi Tel Aviv took a 1-0 from Nice at home today. Wouldn’t expect much away, but good result for them.

Nice score at 26 mins, so it's tied now.

Great result for them and hopefully, finally, a return to European football after the horrible Kompany years
Antwerp with a very good result as well, scoring a late goal to take a 1-1 draw away from Basaksehir in Turkey

Belgium desperately needs a good European season because our coefficient is pretty much in shambles

Damn, Anderlecht concedes, so it's tied now with half an hour played.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Twente had the better chances, Fiorentina keeper even made a great save 7 mins into added time. So Viola hold on and advance to the group stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad