UEFA EURO 2016 - Final Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Actually not that pissed Denmark misses this.. really hope they go back to 16 teams, this looks uninspiring...

And will give em a chance to climatize to a new coach.

I think Germany takes this... really cant see who else.. maybe France.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Apparently Russia is interested in capping Roman Neustadter of Schalke 04. One of his parents is Russian and he is fluent in the language. He has played for Germany in the past but all friendly matches

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
A lot of people are starting to mention it but coincidence or not teams that land in Group A have the easiest path to the semifinals on paper :laugh:

25DsW8V.jpg

- Group A is the most ideal group to land in, the winners of Group A will face a 3rd place team in the R16 and a group runner-up in the quarters. Meaning they won't face a group winner until the semifinals. Even if you finish 2nd in Group A you play a runner-up in the R16 and won't meet a group winner until the quarters

- Group D is also ideal but only for the group winners who also won't meet a group winner until the semifinals. Only difference with A is the runners-up of D face a group winner in R16

- B and C are both ideal as well; the winners of those group play a third place team while runners-up play fellow runners-up. However both will meet a group winner in the quarters

- None of the top two teams coming out of Groups E/F will face a third place team in the R16. E is deemed tougher than F because at least the runner-up of F will face another runner-up while the runner-up of E faces a group winner

Will this matter much? Who knows, I still think outside the top 2-3 teams most of these teams can beat each other on any given day. However I would have liked UEFA to make things a bit more equal and it seems fishy Group A, with the hosts, have an easier route even if you finish 2nd :popcorn:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Suspended "indefinitely".

Basically I'd assume he is out until France needs him.

If a decision isn't taken by the Judge before Euro, he will miss the tournament

Fair enough, they need a Benzema who is 100% focused on Euro, nobody wants his situation to disturb the group.

Is it too late for Benzema to represent Algeria? :D

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If a decision isn't taken by the Judge before Euro, he will miss the tournament

Fair enough, they need a Benzema who is 100% focused on Euro, nobody wants his situation to disturb the group.

Is it too late for Benzema to represent Algeria? :D

I don't know about that. France could have easily said he is suspended for Euros or put a specific time on it. Instead they chose to be vague and say "indefinitely" which intentionally leaves grey area.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, he's suspended until his role has been proven or denied. Seems quite fair to me.
No time period given, but you can be sure it'll cleared in the next few months. Probably march or april.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I still don't get why UEFA made the draw on a Saturday evening, it will go head to head with matches from the Premier League (Manchester United), La Liga, Bundesliga (Leverkusen vs. Gladbach), Serie A etc..

I guess better for the viewers in the US, I remember the draw used to be on like a Friday at 6am lol

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I still don't get why UEFA made the draw on a Saturday evening, it will go head to head with matches from the Premier League (Manchester United), La Liga, Bundesliga (Leverkusen vs. Gladbach), Serie A etc..

I guess better for the viewers in the US, I remember the draw used to be on like a Friday at 6am lol
Not going to watch 2 hours of music and jokes before the actual draw starts

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Not sure if any of you know. But from what I see, its basically impossible for a non-european to get tickets until the last phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad