GWT: UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 3

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ben Arfa trying to do too much on every touched ball and playing absolutely horribly... :facepalm:
Of course, since he never plays and has zero confidence and match preparation, and that he wants to show his value and puts pressure on himself for those 10 minutes, it can't be any other way.

Which gives Emery bragging rights. :facepalm:

whispers: loan him back to Nice in the winter :nod:

Or BMG for that matter. Playing three of Raffael, Ben Arfa, Stindl & Hazard in their attacking trident would be awesome, even with injuries playing their part.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
One vs one against the goalkeeper only makes Neymar overthink things. Give him a few defenders to beat too and it works better. :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG better in the second half although Basel hit another post and had a penalty not given.

Most awful 3-0 win ever however :laugh:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Probably would've been a different game if Bravo doesn't have that brain fart, especially with Pique off for Mathieu and Aguero coming on.

MAtS has been great, media should be a bit off his back now after what transpired in the Celta game

Yeah, if there's one good thing that came out of this game it's that MaTS decisively crushed the goalkeeper narratives. He made some brilliant saves and Bravo had that huge brainfart (and like every other City player who might have reached the ball just stood around on the first goal).

Eventually City are going to have to make a decision on Sterling. He has dribbling and gets into good positions, but doesn't have a great final ball either passing or shooting. Hard to dump a guy that is continually causing havoc in the final third, but so often it ends in nothing.

I wasn't aware there was even a question of getting rid of him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sterling just isn't ready to play against Barcelona and look good. But neither was anyone else who played for Manchester City. Bravo, Zabaleta, David Silva, Otamendi, Fernandinho, and Nolito are all nearly ten years older than Sterling and all did not look good.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Joe Hart wouldn't have gotten a red

zlatan.gif

Pep is incredible. Barcelona are invincible at home when Pep is involved

giphy.gif

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
We didn't deserve to win 4-0 but I will take the win.
Not starting Aguero was a... weird decision by Pep.
City played ok but made 3 or 4 idiotic mistakes.

I thought Sterling didn't look bad, but as you all say, he does everything except the last play, and makes a bad choice there every single time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly I don't think many players can send overhead kicks from that way out.
And indeed, few have the confidence to even attempt it and think it'll work :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad