GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sure, by short-term I ment something like up to 5 years, if needed. You're right, it might not work and an even more evil person(s) might emerge as leaders. But I believe there is more hope for Russia than for e.g North Korea, Russia isn't that isolated yet and there are lots of good people with European values in Russia.

Nations & cultures do not exist on a spectrum with "european values" (whatever the f*** that means) on one end and North Korea on the other. You're missing some pretty big parts of what is keeping russia together atm from this, and there needs to be a better backup plan than hope when loose nukes are at stake.

...and that's with sanctions harsh enough to cause enough starvation for there to be food riots in St Peterburg & Moscow, not just the regional capitals.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Russians are currently doing more to stop the war than you on your laptop.
Yet you think they should be hurt in their football love.
Great logic.

They sure are, and I hope they will be able to do even more and stop Putin and his cronies. Unlike you who supports Russia's attack in Ukraine with your attitude that almost nothing should be done about. Oh the horror, if Russians can't watch a few Europe league matches, let Ukrainans die instead.

At least some countries, sporting federations and media have more courage and value human life, as they have decided no to broadcast any matches involving Russian clubs nor report anything about those clubs, not even results.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
FFS you need to STOP THAT CRAP.
I never "supported Ukraine's invasion".
Not more than you SUPPORTING Irak's invasion, Syria bombings, Algerian torture, etc...

"Let ukrainans die instead"? INSTEAD? LOL. If stopping the games would avoir ukrainans die, I'd be all for it. FFS, how old are you? 5?

You clearly value human lives differently. It's good to know you don't give a shit to africans dying, but europeans are a big deal. Great values you have here SUPPORTING wars for money in Africa or South America.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
FFS you need to STOP THAT CRAP.
I never "supported Ukraine's invasion".
Not more than you SUPPORTING Irak's invasion, Syria bombings, Algerian torture, etc...

"Let ukrainans die instead"? INSTEAD? LOL. If stopping the games would avoir ukrainans die, I'd be all for it. FFS, how old are you? 5?

You clearly value human lives differently. It's good to know you don't give a shit to africans dying, but europeans are a big deal. Great values you have here SUPPORTING wars for money in Africa or South America.

I merely put the same crap words into your mouth than you did to me, like you're doing again saying that I don't give a shit of Africans dying, that has been more of a speciality for France.

Like I posted before, I believe isolating Russia from all activity (including football) in Europe/US and Western world, would have a big impact on Russia's elite to remain in power. If you disagree, fine, but as of now, nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. So I'll stop on this subject now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I told you that because your logic is a complete failure if you don't ask for the same consequences for the same causes.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I told you that because your logic is a complete failure if you don't ask for the same consequences for the same causes.

And like I said, I do, for any countries that attack on another country in Europe now or in the (near) future.

No use talking about history and blaming each other when we have a current crisis at hand. People and countries can go far, far in history and no solution can be found that all sides would be satisfied with, see for example Israel(Jews) and Palestine. The solution cannot be found from history.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, you seem to ignore many countries are taking foreign lives right now. Some from european countries.

But whatever.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I was posting about the Russia-Ukraine situation regarding football.

But sure, if I need to qualify all my posts on that subject by saying that I condemn most wars throughout history or happening now elsewhere, I hereby say that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think everyone here should just be put in a steel cage and duke it out once and for all.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Juve

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
To paraphrase Mikhail Bulgakov, Satan lives in Moscow again.

Not that this will make much difference compared to billions flying in from Western governments, but unless you are heading there to fight (like lots of Poles are doing) , then you can make a contribution here for Ukraine Assistance for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (Ministry of Defense) – Official website of Ukraine

While the EU leaders are cowardly inactive afraid of losing a few bucks, at least UK are doing something concrete:

Just isolate all Russian sports now.

Reactions: Jussi

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To paraphrase Mikhail Bulgakov, Satan lives in Moscow again.

Not that this will make much difference compared to billions flying in from Western governments, but unless you are heading there to fight (like lots of Poles are doing) , then you can make a contribution here for Ukraine Assistance for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (Ministry of Defense) – Official website of Ukraine

While the EU leaders are cowardly inactive afraid of losing a few bucks, at least UK are doing something concrete:

Just isolate all Russian sports now.

You can always trust the brits to find a way to turn a buck ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad