Ubisoft going after Xim/Cronus/ReaSnow hackers by adding latency.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I knew about these devices but I had no idea it was considered cheating, I’m not sure how I feel about actively messing with a players controls vs just banning, I think a ban, especially a ban on consoles should be a last resort.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I knew about these devices but I had no idea it was considered cheating, I’m not sure how I feel about actively messing with a players controls vs just banning, I think a ban, especially a ban on consoles should be a last resort.

The current crop of online shooters (RE: everything after 2012 or so...) don't really interest me so I haven't encountered this stuff directly, but these devices have scripts for anti recoil mods and aim assist and the like.

I'd ban all that shit if detectable, I don't think there's anyone using these things who doesn't know what they are doing on some level. It's not any different really than old school aim botting.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The current crop of online shooters (RE: everything after 2012 or so...) don't really interest me so I haven't encountered this stuff directly, but these devices have scripts for anti recoil mods and aim assist and the like.

I'd ban all that shit if detectable, I don't think there's anyone using these things who doesn't know what they are doing on some level. It's not any different really than old school aim botting.
It's not but the difference is that since it's console hardware based it's harder to detect and solve.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I dunno, I can't say I have noticed any obvious Cronus users in COD - though I know they are certainly out there. The TTK is usually so quick and the guns so accurate anyway that as a player it's nearly impossible to say for certain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad