WJC: U20 WJC Semifinal game thread Sweden vs Finland

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The thing is.. that applies to everyone. It's 2022... the World Cup was a joke in 2016. So there has only been one best on best in the last 10 years. 2014 in Sochi 8 years ago.

People really have to stop using the best on best argument against the Finn's .. they've peaked since the last best on best which was 8 years ago.

Eg. what best on best has Canada won in the last 5 years? zero.. they must suck.lol Only 1 best on best in a decade isn't impressive at all. Swedes, US and Russians haven't won a best on best in the last decade either.. they must suck too.

Connor McDavid has never won a best on best either.. total bust. I hope you get the analogy here because Connor hit his peak right around the team the Finn's did. After the last best on best was over.

I've even seen posters bring up 1972 as proof.lmao

The World Cup was a best on best tournament, whether you liked it or not it fits the mold.

The difference being Canada has won two best on best tournaments in the last 10 years, 3 if you want to go back another 2.

I genuinely have no idea why you're incoherently rambling about a single player when I'm quite literally referring to entire International teams, this isn't the NBA sir.

On paper I think Finland is likely the fourth best nation in the world realistically speaking.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The thing is.. that applies to everyone. It's 2022... the World Cup was a joke in 2016. So there has only been one best on best in the last 10 years. 2014 in Sochi 8 years ago.

People really have to stop using the best on best argument against the Finn's .. they've peaked since the last best on best which was 8 years ago.

Eg. what best on best has Canada won in the last 5 years? zero.. they must suck.lol Only 1 best on best in a decade isn't impressive at all. Swedes, US and Russians haven't won a best on best in the last decade either.. they must suck too.

Connor McDavid has never won a best on best either.. total bust. I hope you get the analogy here because Connor hit his peak right around the team the Finn's did. After the last best on best was over.

I've even seen posters bring up 1972 as proof.lmao

The World Cup was a best on best tournament, whether you liked it or not it fits the mold.

The difference being Canada has won two best on best tournaments in the last 10 years, 3 if you want to go back another 2.

I genuinely have no idea why you're incoherently rambling about a single player when I'm quite literally referring to entire International teams, this isn't the NBA sir.

On paper I think Finland is likely the fourth best nation in the world realistically speaking.

Edit : Double post.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad