U20 Junior evaluation camp, lake placid

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
This Skellefteå duo Lundberg & Lindholm how good are they? Feels like there is alot more 'proven' names like: Byström, Andersson etc

And where is hampe lindholm?

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Does Pitt prospect Oskar Sundqvist have a decent shot at making the team?

Absolutely. He showed great poise the few times he played with the big team last season. The team was stacked on forwards and did win the cup so it was hard for him to make any significant minutes. Management believes in him, signed a contract with him this spring, so he will for sure be getting more ice time the upcoming season, in the mens team. Of course, Im slightly biased here, but I really think this could be his breakout season.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Absolutely. He showed great poise the few times he played with the big team last season. The team was stacked on forwards and did win the cup so it was hard for him to make any significant minutes. Management believes in him, signed a contract with him this spring, so he will for sure be getting more ice time the upcoming season, in the mens team. Of course, Im slightly biased here, but I really think this could be his breakout season.

Great to hear! Since it sounds like you have seen him a fair bit, could you provide a brief scouting report? And what his upside may be?

Thanks!

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Sebastien Collberg in his third U20 WJC... he's currently a little more than PPG at 13 pts in 12 games. Any chance he sets a record for most point totals at the world juniors for Sweden?

(Also, is Collberg likely to play with Lindholm again?)

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
no idea if it will impact participation in the August camp, but Djoos is not at Caps development camp.

This was the reply when I asked about why he wasn't there since he was on the first roster the Caps released. Mike Vogel is a writer for the Washington Capitals.

@VogsCaps A knee injury kept him from participating. @sk84fun_dc: ... Any info. avail. why Djoos was not on ice today & not expected at camp?

Actually he added it to his blog, as well, "Defenseman Christian Djoos, a seventh-round choice of the Capitals in the 2012 NHL Draft, was a last-minute scratch from camp because of a knee injury …"

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sebastien Collberg in his third U20 WJC... he's currently a little more than PPG at 13 pts in 12 games. Any chance he sets a record for most point totals at the world juniors for Sweden?

(Also, is Collberg likely to play with Lindholm again?)

I think Forsberg's all-time leading 42 points will be hard to catch. :) With a _great_ tournament he could catch Daniel Sedin's 25 points, or Henrik's 26 points.

I think he'd be likely to play with Lindholm, but looks like Lindholm is NHL bound.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lindholm just got a shoulder injury at the dev camp, 7-10 days recovery for him, probably more to be on the safe side. Don't think he will participate so this team will look pretty weak on paper, the 94 age group is pretty deep at both F and D though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We need to learn to live without them anyway, they probably won't be WJC players. Nylander will hopefully be able to step up. This team looks to reflect the eventual WJC team pretty good, even if I think the defense is experimental.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
We need to learn to live without them anyway, they probably won't be WJC players. Nylander will hopefully be able to step up. This team looks to reflect the eventual WJC team pretty good, even if I think the defense is experimental.

Yeah, I also hope a guy like Collberg becomes an impact player for Frölunda next season. Burakowsky and Nylander could potentially replace some of the skill we lose in Lindholm & Forsberg if they find teams where they get to play good minutes. I don't see any high end D on this team though, but there are lots of guys fighting for spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad