HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Based on how Iginla is playing today and the fact they have been to both Canada games so far. They've forgone watching Helenius twice now to have the entire group watching Canada.
They won't invite Helenius to dinner as well then? ;)

Hughes is there.
Are most GMs (of non playoff teams I guess) also going, or Habs management have more budget and / or motivation than other teams?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They won't invite Helenius to dinner as well then? ;)

Are most GMs (of non playoff teams I guess) also going, or Habs management have more budget and / or motivation than other teams?

No, majority of teams have GMs there. Yzerman is there. If not GMs, then definitely chief scouts.

A lot of GMs will go for the elimination games/medal games.

Reactions: CHwest and Shred

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Do we get Calgary’s pick next year ? It isn’t top 10
Protected right ?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yep. Sadly that protection was well thought out and it really looks like we will get a very late pick. Still a nice win for the overall Monahan trades.

Yup, we're in the same situation as 2023 where we needed Florida to lose, and they ended up going to the SCF. They would have been out if Pittsburgh could have beaten Chicago. The worst team in the league.

We'll see what happens this off-season with Florida's D, and Reinhart.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not much. It was a pretty short interview.

He talked about Slafkovsky and how he was quite the character off ice, which he thinks helped in his transition to the intensity of Montreal. He said Slafkovsky is a real team player, and really wants to win.

He said they want players in Montreal who will help build the type of culture that will help them win. They want players that want to win, and who will contribute to winning.

He feels they have examples in Slafkovsky & Suzuki. They need to get better depth at forward. He acknowledged that forward was a weakness in organization.

He also mentioned again that they're quite comfortable with their LD at all levels, and doesn't think we'll draft a LD this year in 1st round (he notably did not say, any D, just LD, which means Levshunov, Parekh & Yakemchuk may still be on the table), and that if a LD is available and they get a good enough offer, they could trade down.
Found it on YouTube
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcm2F4ofis

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sweden ended up beating Kazakhstan 7-1. Viktor Eklund (2025) had a 3 point game, 1g, 2a.

I do hope we end up drafting him & that he makes it. Then we can all go, E-1 in the GDT whenever he picks up a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopeep

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
US trashing Norway 5-0 early 2nd.

Eiserman 2g. Hagens & Plante assisting on both.
Bednarik, Connelly & Mooney with the other goals.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If he has less overall goals, is he really more effective?

We have our one dimensional goal scorer in the top 6, there is zero chance they take Eiserman and add another. They are looking for a driven, competitive forward with skill who will fit in with the current core. Iginla fits the bill, I can really see him being the pick maybe even over Lindstrom.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We have our one dimensional goal scorer in the top 6, there is zero chance they take Eiserman and add another. They are looking for a driven, competitive forward with skill who will fit in with the current core.
Caufield isn’t a driven competitive forward with skill?

What????
. Iginla fits the bill, I can really see him being the pick maybe even over Lindstrom.
I’d be fine with any of the guys mentioned. But that doesn’t mean we’re not making a mistake in not taking Eiserman. Having him on one line and CC on another would be amazing.

I have no idea why you’d think that would be a bad thing.

Last edited:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Caufield isn’t a driven competitive forward with skill?

What????

I don’t disagree.

And I’d be fine with any of the guys mentioned. But that doesn’t mean we’re not making a mistake in not taking Eiserman. Having him on one line and CC on another would be amazing.

I have no idea why you’d think that would be a bad thing.
Know you’re not alone in the Eiserman camp.

I just don’t have to fortitude to argue it 10x a day to people who just repeat what they read on some online scouting report.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dinodebino and Rozz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Know you’re not alone in the Eiserman camp.

I just don’t have to fortitude to argue it 10x a day to people who just repeat what they read on some online scouting report.
Im totally cool with Lidstrom or Demidov. If it helps the team then I’m all in. And they both bring something different to the team.

But when I hear someone say we need goals and then dismiss Eiserman it blows my mind.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Eiserman is a great goal scoring prospect no doubt, will be a good add for a team who doesn't already have a Caufield type in place. Yes we need goals, but having Caufield and Eiserman on separate lines in your top 6 doesn't exactly inspire confidence for future playoff success.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Eiserman is a great goal scoring prospect no doubt, will be a good add for a team who doesn't already have a Caufield type in place. Yes we need goals, but having Caufield and Eiserman on separate lines in your top 6 doesn't exactly inspire confidence for future playoff success.
Yeah, who needs two great goal scorers?

How many cups did we win the last time we had that?

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad