HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
9-0 Final.

Eiserman scored 2 late goals to pick up a hattrick.

4 pts for Hagens. 2g, 2a. Best player for Team USA.

I just want to point out that in the NHL draft thread back in December, I said Hagens was already a better player than Eiserman and was receiving laughing emoji for it.

I'll just say it again. Hagens is not only a better player than Eiserman is now (as a 2025 player), he'll always be the better player.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
9-0 Final.

Eiserman scored 2 late goals to pick up a hattrick.

4 pts for Hagens. 2g, 2a. Best player for Team USA.

I just want to point out that in the NHL draft thread back in December, I said Hagens was already a better player than Eiserman and was receiving laughing emoji for it.

I'll just say it again. Hagens is not only a better player than Eiserman is now (as a 2025 player), he'll always be the better player.
He made the U20 team over Eiserman too

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Eiserman showing us who he has been all year, a player carried by Hagens. Great finisher, no doubt, but I want a lot more from a Top 7 pick.

That might have been one of the least impressive hat-tricks I've ever seen.

Someone will get great value with him in the back half of the top 10 or just outside, because he will score in the NHL, but he feels like a Toronto star to me. Absolutely no guts.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I was wondering if d-man Eddy Doyle from PEI would be on the team….i watched him a couple of times as a call up in the Q this year & he looked good. He’s a good skater with size.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That might have been one of the least impressive hat-tricks I've ever seen.

Someone will get great value with him in the back half of the top 10 or just outside, because he will score in the NHL, but he feels like a Toronto star to me. Absolutely no guts.
If he can score 50+ goals in the NHL does he need to have guts? The Leafs problem is that they have too many players like that. One probably doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If he can score 50+ goals in the NHL does he need to have guts? The Leafs problem is that they have too many players like that. One probably doesn't hurt.

I don't think he can score 50 goals in the NHL.. that's kind of where the evaluation falls apart for me. Caufield you could see the shooting tools were elite. Eiserman scores a lot but very rarely does it look like it's coming from an elite shot tool, now maybe it will be effective as he scales up but the rest of his game is such a caution flag that if it doesn't you could literally end up with a terrible bust.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Since Hughes/Vinny where at USA v Slovakia we can safely conclude they are also at Latvia v Finland as well?

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
1st point for Helenius. Clean face off win
He's going to be interesting to watch going forward.

If Montreal's targetting a center at this draft then I could see him being as high as 2nd or 3rd on their list depending on Lindstrom's status.

Dach has his injury concerns, faceoff woes that have shown no signs of improvement and imo he has looked best on the wing with Montreal. Helenius could be a realistic option if they want a projectible top 6 center option.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There were only 4 50+ goal scorers this year. Expecting a player with only one elite ability (shot) to ever attain that total is extremely unrealistic.
Did Ovechkin have more than an elite shot? He is a tough guy but was there anything else to his goal scoring?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I do not see Greentree's skating as an issue in his draft year. Yeah, sure he will have to improve it. But it's not a deterrent for me at all.

My god McKenna....

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Did Ovechkin have more than an elite shot? He is a tough guy but was there anything else to his goal scoring?
Did you not watch Ovechkin his first 10 seasons? Not only is he a monster of a man, he was a beast, hitting everything in sight and working his ass off in the offensive zone. A far better skater than Eiserman and way more skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad