GDT: U18 Semifinals (USA-SVK, CAN-SWE)

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Call on Sweden in their defensive zone wasn't a penalty. Then Marelli is hooked behind the Canadian net and no penalty.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Ihs Wozniak? Okay maybe not the 05 group is as good as the 06 group is bad.
Have a hard time seeing him developing enough at the start of next season to even have a chance.
People are latching onto the point production, but Wozniak is not even in the same stratosphere as Frondell, in my opinon.
He is extremely limited as player, and if a 07 doesn't stand out enough to have a major role(and excelling in it) at the u18s, I have a very hard time seeing the Junior team considering him.
Also, Freij, LSW, Eklund, Eriksson and Pettersson at least are ahead in terms of consideration imo.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Don't know what is more frustrating, how bad the swedes are playing, or the commentator on the swedish feed constantly gaslighting with the wrong players every other second. I'm constantly having to doublecheck to make sure I'm not having record-young case of alzheimers every time he flubbs it.

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
The Swedes are doing a lot of laughing and smiling at Canadian players on the ice. I wonder if they realize they are being dominated. And yes I do know they are still kids but my God don't agitate your much better opponents

Reactions: jj cale

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Don't know what is more frustrating, how bad the swedes are playing, or the commentator on the swedish feed constantly gaslighting with the wrong players every other second. I'm constantly having to doublecheck to make sure I'm not having record-young case of alzheimers every time he flubbs it.
I miss Härenstam, never thought I’d say that.

• Haha
Reactions: EK47 and Sliptip

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
A big difference with the Swedish 05s to this team, not just in this tournament but throughough many of these players seasons, is the subpar decisionmaking when deciding to do a hard play as opposed to making simple plays. Significant lack of "pro attributes" for a group that doesn't have a very strong skillset on average either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad