U18: U18 Day 6 - Last call!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1682383696021.png

1682383721636.png

1682383745092.png

Last day of round robin. Germany and Norway will face for relegation.

In theory, a lot is still up for grabs. In reality, not much is.lol

My guesses:

Sweden defeats Germany in an easy match as I expect Germany to rest some key players for the relegation match (and, you know, Sweden is really good here)

Canada should hand the Czechs a comfortable loss and feed us to the US for a nasty quarter

US should hand the Swiss a pretty solid beating. Pre tourney I said they'd average a touchdown a game, they are actually averaging 9 goals a game. Their 27 goals are the same as the Swedes and Canada combined. Swedes with 3 goals against in 3 games is damn impressive as well!

Finland should hand Norway a convincing loss as well. Same thing, Finn's are awesome and I expect Norway to take it easy and get ready for relegation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
From a personal perspective - Czechs need 2 points against Canada to avoid a US beatdown. A regulation win would, most likely, allow us to avoid Finland and the US. Now, do I think we'll beat Canada in regulation or OT... NO. But, if I were the Czechs, I'd treat tomorrow as the do or die quarterfinal as they can still control their fate. Once they lose, their fate is pretty much sealed!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
View attachment 695933

View attachment 695934

View attachment 695935

Last day of round robin. Germany and Norway will face for relegation.

In theory, a lot is still up for grabs. In reality, not much is.lol

My guesses:

Sweden defeats Germany in an easy match as I expect Germany to rest some key players for the relegation match (and, you know, Sweden is really good here)

Canada should hand the Czechs a comfortable loss and feed us to the US for a nasty quarter

US should hand the Swiss a pretty solid beating. Pre tourney I said they'd average a touchdown a game, they are actually averaging 9 goals a game. Their 27 goals are the same as the Swedes and Canada combined. Swedes with 3 goals against in 3 games is damn impressive as well!

Finland should hand Norway a convincing loss as well. Same thing, Finn's are awesome and I expect Norway to take it easy and get ready for relegation.
Some weird mental issues going on with one poster on here I don’t quite understand..

As for the actual games, I am guessing Swe- Ger 10-1, Can - Cze 6-1, USA - Sui 7-1, Fin - Nor 5-0.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hmmmm.

Czechia should win easily over Canada. Czechia is much stronger than Sweden, the same Sweden that beat Canada.

Germans should win over Sweden.

Eazy wins for USA and Finland.
This again? Find yourself some balance.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What happened to Tropmann? I was making my coffee and came back to him icing his wrist and flexing his hand on the bench.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Refs were 0 for 2. Ignored a Swedish holding penalty and called a non existent penalty on Germany. Too Many Men was obvious though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Some weird mental issues going on with one poster on here I don’t quite understand..

As for the actual games, I am guessing Swe- Ger 10-1, Can - Cze 6-1, USA - Sui 7-1, Fin - Nor 5-0.
That's probably very close. I do think we have a game that can give Canada a headache but we just can't score enough and we certainly don't have a swagger like that U20 team.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018

If we're lucky Sweden is content with how things have gone for them and we don't get stomped.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Germany, much like the Czechs last game, is simply sticking to the basics of playing team defense and is making it tough for the Swedes yet again so far.

Take note canucks!!

Reactions: Chainshot

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany, much like the Czechs last game, is simply sticking to the basics of playing team defense and is making it tough for the Swedes yet again so far.

Take note canucks!!
We will be bringing all our offence today! By that I mean Sale passing to guys that can't shoot.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Is there any free legal live text commentator other then this place?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
We will be bringing all our offence today! By that I mean Sale passing to guys that can't shoot.
Sale will just have to take the bull by the horns himself I guess, the way we have played defense so far he should get his chances.

I just hope I get to watch the game, not sure if I am going to be called into work this morning or not yet, dreading the call.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Playing for pride.

They've looked like what I usually think of for German international hockey - good structure, committed to defense. I wonder if they are approaching this as a warmup for the relegation - work on habits and such - and the pride factor that most seem to think the Swedes were just going to stomp them.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad