U16 Elite Camp

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Hugo Danielsson? Gabriel Altberg? Oskar Stål Lyrenäs? Linus Öst Pettersson?

They will probably get the chance soon enough. Still very surprising to see Oskar Sehlin ahead of Linus Öst-Pettersson. Both of them play in Modo J18, where Pettersson is the better one IMO. The lack of right-handed defenders is probably one reason.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Hugo Danielsson? Gabriel Altberg? Oskar Stål Lyrenäs? Linus Öst Pettersson?

Got to admit I'm very surprised these guys are all missing. And Alexander Nylander too of course.
Could there be any other explanation, like this agreement concerning NA junior leagues vs Swedish national team? Which I'm not very familiar with...

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Tiny forwards overall, only one guy taller than 180 cm. Most of them still have some growing to do though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
First U16 roster that will play three games against Finland on Dec 17-19:

Goalies:

Filip Gustavsson
Isak Wallin

Defense:

Alexander Andersson
Jacob Cederholm
David Deutch
Alfons Malmström
Jacob Moverare
Linus Nässén
Adam Thilander

Forwards:

Jesper Boqvist
Lucas Enqvist
Filip Forsmark
William Fällström
Pontus Karlsson
Simon Krekula
Linus Lindström
Oliver Olsson
Johan Schreiber
Tim Söderlund
Edgar Treijs
Tim Wahlgren
Albin Sethsson

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
First U16 roster that will play three games against Finland on Dec 17-19:

Goalies:

Filip Gustavsson
Isak Wallin

Defense:

Alexander Andersson
Jacob Cederholm
David Deutch
Alfons Malmström
Jacob Moverare
Linus Nässén
Adam Thilander

Forwards:

Jesper Boqvist
Lucas Enqvist
Filip Forsmark
William Fällström
Pontus Karlsson
Simon Krekula
Linus Lindström
Oliver Olsson
Johan Schreiber
Tim Söderlund
Edgar Treijs
Tim Wahlgren
Albin Sethsson

Can't believe that they didn't even invite players like Öst-Pettersson, Alexander Nylander, Lyrenäs-Ståhl, Gabriel Altberg, Viktor Pålsson, Lias Andersson, Oliver Nordberg etc.. I think they all could break the roster. Especially the F's.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Can't believe that they didn't even invite players like Öst-Pettersson, Alexander Nylander, Lyrenäs-Ståhl, Gabriel Altberg, Viktor Pålsson, Lias Andersson, Oliver Nordberg etc.. I think they all could break the roster. Especially the F's.

I think they will (and should) take a look at lots of players over the season. There are a couple of 4-nation tournaments later this spring and I'd be surprised if the players you mentioned didn't get a look in those.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008

Borderline ridiculous. Message-sending to kids who's been having a bit of an easy ride up until now?

Can't be a coincidence that a large group of the elite offensive talent is left at home.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
For those who haven't noticed, LiveArena will broadcast the three U16 national team games played between FIN and SWE this week.

Schedule Swedish time:
17.12. (18:00 SWE – FIN)
18.12. (18:00 SWE – FIN)
19.12. (12:00 SWE – FIN)

Link to LiveArena.

Link to stats.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Wow, Sweden is playing an awful hockey.. Obviously some players in Sweden is just not good enough. Like i said before, if i could i would almost replace half of the team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Watched the first two periods. The team played very sloppy and were unable to create quality scoring chances. Tough to see the jersey numbers but I thought Tim Söderlund had some jump, Forsmark looked pretty good as well.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Watched the first two periods. The team played very sloppy and were unable to create quality scoring chances. Tough to see the jersey numbers but I thought Tim Söderlund had some jump, Forsmark looked pretty good as well.

Söderlund is way to selfish.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
loosing streak....

To compare, in Dec 2009 the team looked like this:

GK Dansk Oscar
GK Högberg Marcus
D Walltott Axel
D Djoos Christian
D Byström Ludwig
D Santesson Anton
D Andersson Calle
D Folin Niklas
D Nilsson Mattias
F Rydahl Gustav
F Rommel Henrik
F Nyström Isak
F Kalin Mattias
F Lilja Kim
F Collberg Sebastian
F Brehmer Anton
F Svensson Sebastian
F Hedberg Edwin
F Sandberg Filip
F Forsberg Filip
F Lindholm Elias
F Karlsson Erik

Made it to JWC:
2 goalies
2 def +2 borderline (Andersson,Nilsson)
6 frw

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Söderlund is way to selfish.

Maybe. Thought good things happened when he got the puck.

Finland was flat out better than Sweden in these games. Their D looked much better and bigger than ours, that was the big difference. The overall passing and puck-receiving skills are not there anymore on our national teams, that's a bit worrying.

Edit: Fällström was perhaps the most impressive forward in these games.

Last edited:

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Don't know if I would say that the three losses were mainly because of a lack of skill throughout the Swedish lineup, but it will certainly be interesting to see if they re-consider some of the top end guys, including tons of forwards already producing well at the J18 level.

nonoob12

Jun 16, 2012
I dont know. Was this Swedens badness or just Finlands goodness? :dunno:
Finland win last game 7-3 and won also shots 41-28 thats good performance from them especially without their three top players who play at u17 team.

So what do you think is Finnish junior hockey rising again or is Swedish just going down?

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
I had high expectations from Thilander and Moverare but they did not deliver at all. The defenders who stood out and played well was David Deutch and Alexander Andersson. Jacob Cederholm was so bad, he wont get anymore chances this season with U16 team.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I had high expectations from Thilander and Moverare but they did not deliver at all. The defenders who stood out and played well was David Deutch and Alexander Andersson. Jacob Cederholm was so bad, he wont get anymore chances this season with U16 team.

+1. I think they should swap some forwards in the next tourny aswell! Simon Krekula, Linus Lindström, Oliver Olsson and Boqvist out. Lyrenäs-Ståhl, Nylander, Nordberg, Altberg in. For example!

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
+1. I think they should swap some forwards in the next tourny aswell! Simon Krekula, Linus Lindström, Oliver Olsson and Boqvist out. Lyrenäs-Ståhl, Nylander, Nordberg, Altberg in. For example!

Lukas Enqvist too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad