U.S. U-18 Team vs. Michigan

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Juan, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Juan

Juan Registered User

Home Page:
    Anyone out there see this game this past weekend? I looked at the summary and it looked like the U.S. team had Michigan on the ropes prior to the major penalty in the 2nd period.

For anyone who saw it, can you let us know how the many various 2006 NHL draft prospects on both teams looked?

2. RamblersHockey

RamblersHockey Registered User

Michigan came out flat and disinterested. They haven't been the same since getting hosed by Minnesota and Wisconsin in November. USA was taking it to UM and then got a questionable 5 minute major called by the linesman (Assistant Referee). Michigan then scored twice on the power play to tie it up, (I think, don't have my notes handy)

As for prospects, the only ones that stood out were:

Pat Kane : Tremendous play making ability and very fast. Going to be a real good one. (BTW, it looks like he will choose between Michigan and Boston University for college)

Blake Geoffrion : Gritty aggitator. Would love to have him on my team. Hate to play against him.

Eric Johnson : Looked better than Jack Johnson on the ice. Scored a PP marker and controled the defensive zone while he was out there.

Don't really remember anything for the other guys out there.

:dunno:

3. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love Sponsor

corporate drone
    I'd love for the Rangers to score Geoffrion in the later rounds. 3rd or 4th or so.

4. Jackets16

Jackets16 Registered User

havent really heard kanes name much, especially for this years draft discussions. is he not eligible till next year?

5. RUSqueelin*

RUSqueelin* Registered User

Kane has a late birthday so he isn't eligiable till next year.

Pat, are you reading this? There is a certain team in the OHL which could really use your services next year. They won it all last year and might do it again this year. Screw Uni and come on up here and show us what you got. The leading scorer in the OHL next year....could be you!

6. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love Sponsor

corporate drone
    I really hope he doesn't go to the CHL. Would be so dumb. His game needs to be developed in college and his game is perfect for it.

7. RUSqueelin*

RUSqueelin* Registered User

Why would it be dumb? If he really wants to develop his hockey game in a draft year the CHL would be great for him. And the team he would play for has as good a reputation as any in developing hockey players. Albiet, there is prob a 1 in 10 chance he would make the move up north.

8. RamblersHockey

RamblersHockey Registered User

I forgot about Billy Sauer.

If you look at the box score, you see that Sauer started in the pipes until being replaced at the first stoppage after the 10 minute mark of the 2nd. It was a planned pull so that the coach could get a look at the 1B goalie, Noah Ruden. The final score of the game was 4-3, and Sauer gave up at least 2 of the goals for the USA team (Don't remember if he was in net for the third goal). Although Ruden's stats look better, you can't fault Sauer for the goals against him. Eric Johnson's goal was a giveaway from Jack Johnson and Michigan just did not look interested in the game. Sauer didn't make the spectacular save that you want from a top flight goalie, he did make the ones that he should.

9. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:

i think the preds would take him even earlier, since it'd be such a good "story," drafting the kid from nashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.