U.S. Juniors Impacts from Pandemic

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USHL To Suspend Season Due to COVID-19
03/12/2020, 12:00pm CDT
By USHL

CHICAGO, IL – The USHL announced Thursday its decision to suspend game play effective immediately and until further notice. The decision was unanimously made by the USHL Board of Directors with the best interest of USHL athletes, staff, officials and fans in mind.

In addition, all hockey activities, including practices, workouts and meetings have also been been suspended until further notice. The league continues to closely monitor the situation and will use this hiatus to determine next steps regarding the 2019-20 season.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
From: The North American Hockey League > News > Top Stories
NAHL pauses regular season games due to COVID-19
March 12, 2020
The North American Hockey League (NAHL) has announced today that effective immediateoy all 2019-20 NAHL regular season games have been paused until further notice due to the COVID-19 virus and outbreak.

Statement from NAHL Commissioner Mark Frankenfeld:
“This is an unprecedented time and situation. First and foremost, we want to be sure we are doing what is best for the hockey community: players, teams, fans, and officials. In the past 24 hours, it became clear that we needed to follow a path that was consistent with what has transpired in the hockey world, particularly with our partners at USA Hockey, the NCAA, the NHL and the USHL.”

“We will continue to monitor the situation daily with everyone involved and we understand that given the current landscape, things could change at any moment. Our number one goal is to resume play as soon as possible, but only when it is safe for all of the parties involved. The NAHL Board of Governors will reconvene on a conference call on Friday to discuss further action.”

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
USPHL (all levels) and Eastern Hockey League are done. WSHL is finished. USA Hockey Nationals are cancelled.

Reactions: JMCx4

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
The IIHF U18 World Championship, which was to be held here in Plymouth for the first time, has also been cancelled. I had tickets for some of the games.

Oddly, there is no news regarding any of the cancellations on the NTDP website yet, nor have we season ticket holders been notified of anything officially from the box office yet. I did run into one of the billets today at the store, though, and she told me the players were sent back to Plymouth from Omaha after they already traveled there, and have since been sent home for the remainder of the season. So, the NTDP U17 and U18 seasons are over.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The rest of the NA3HL season is completely cancelled as of today. NAHL still remains just paused.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I want things back as much as anyone, just very curious how leagues will accomplish these events for the players with social distancing. I realize spectators are optional.
I would guess there is hope that if "business opens" early May-ish, then other restrictions gradually relax to the point where some degree of relaxation on social distancing happens too by July? Players could do some drills, classes, tours even with distancing. Actual games might take another level - full transparent shields maybe instead of cages, no spitting, additional bottle safeguards? :dunno:

They're also offering a virtual scouting package as a combine alternative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad