GDT: U.S.A. vs Sweden @ 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ 4am Monday CEST

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden is way to small country to get anywere without the first line. Eklund Raymond Holtz. This is Canadas gold to loose. And i hope they do.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Yeah this game showed that clearly the US has a much superior team. Sweden was outclassed for long periods.
Sweden will need to play perfect games to stand a chance against the big boys in this tournament. They cant miss wide open nets like they did in period 1, those have to go in.

Sweden, if they dont miss against Germany seem to have draw a lucky ticket to the semis at least.

With that said, it shows some strength that they have managed almost there comebacks both against Canada and now the US. Thats something to bring at least.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
All the physical tools. Good size and very fluid skater but missing something, it’s hard to explain. Tends to get pushed around a lot and fold against tough competition.

I’ve just never really been that overly impressed with Edvinsson, maybe I’ve only focused closely on limited international viewings and he’s better at other times. I’m not a huge fan of his game, but D men can take time and he’s got time to grow. He needs to develop a bit more of a mean streak to his game.
I'd say SHL is tougher competition than some U18 or U20 tournament and he didn't fold. That said he's super, super raw still. That is either exciting or worrying, depending on how you look at prospects.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
nice come back by sweden at the end should win there qf easy and then probs be usa finland canada sweden in semi finals and tbh a 1 game elmination between any of those 4 teams could go either way 10 times out of 10 lol.

Reactions: Peter957

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
All the physical tools. Good size and very fluid skater but missing something, it’s hard to explain. Tends to get pushed around a lot and fold against tough competition.

I’ve just never really been that overly impressed with Edvinsson, maybe I’ve only focused closely on limited international viewings and he’s better at other times. I’m not a huge fan of his game, but D men can take time and he’s got time to grow. He needs to develop a bit more of a mean streak to his game.

Edvinsson was much, much better in the SHL. But something seems off about him this tournament. He was pulled as a precaution against Canada after limited ice. His skating doesn't look as good as normal so I'm wondering if it's a pulled groin/hamstring or a core injury.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Edvinsson was much, much better in the SHL. But something seems off about him this tournament. He was pulled as a precaution against Canada after limited ice. His skating doesn't look as good as normal so I'm wondering if it's a pulled groin/hamstring or a core injury.
lets not forget its a preseason tournament

edvinsson was really good in the dec tournamnt before it got shut down

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Ha, ha.

I tell people the same thing we they say they want to start "day trading".
Funny you mention that I keep hearing about that. I know nothing. I have people blowing up my DMs saying we can make you 20 percentage day blah blah

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Funny you mention that I keep hearing about that. I know nothing. I have people blowing up my DMs saying we can make you 20 percentage day blah blah
Stay away from day trading and currency trading <-- advice from an old man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad