Prospect Info: U-20 Tournament - Rus/Fin/Swe/Cze 8-23/8-25

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Doesn't his skating kinda remind Letang's? When I watched Letang last time 5 or 6 years ago, he did similar things. Of course, Letang's IQ wasn't great, but he compensated it with his speed, and his offensive rushes were beautiful. Hope, Romanov won't have that IQ problem.

Wait, Letang and IQ problems? You're quite imaginative.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Breaking down some tape of Romanov from this tournament.
Alexander Romanov at the 4 Nations U20 Tournament

Thanks for this. Yeah that last clip I felt like he should've passed as well. The decision-making might not be quite there for high end offensive production but he still seems to be creating more than last year. Good sign. I'd love for him to have some real offensive upside. I'm skeptical but it's possible. Even if he doesn't I think he's gonna be a beauty regardless. Fantastic skater. Plays with lots of jam. Real competitor. Strong as an ox. Very solid defensively. He's gonna be good 99.9%. Hoping he could be great.

Reactions: canadiensnation

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He takes a lot of offensive risks, but saying his IQ is one of his weaknesses is wrong. That's actually one of his strenghts... Reading the play, knowing when to jump up, seeing the offensive opportunities.

Not many Pens fans would agree with you. IQ has always been one of his main drawbacks.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

Anyone know anything about Felix Carenfelt of Sweden? He went undrafted the last two drafts he was eligible. He will play at Merrimack in the NCAA this season.

He's 5'10" and 185 lbs. Is an LW. He is 19 years old.

Looking at his stats on Elite Prospects, he seems to produce pretty much every level he's played in.

Last season, he played for Djurgardens J20 and was a point-per-game player. He has 41 pts (19G, 22A) in 41 GP.

Felix Carenfelt at eliteprospects.com

Was looking to find out more about him since he is playing on an Almtuna team that is doing pretty well despite the absence of some of the more high profile NHL prospects who are playing in the league on a loan basis.

He had originally committed to Merrimack but didn't have a great experience last season with Tri-City in the USHL - playing just 18 games before going back to Sweden.

Hoping to eventually crack the Djurgardens lineup - not sure what that means in terms of an NHL future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad