U-18 Tournament Talk (4-18 - 4/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Still have Heinola before Broberg. Have to consider they play in a tougher league than the U18 caliber. Not much in this tournament will make me change my mind on both these guys. Their performance against greater competition is more valuable in my eyes.

Reactions: habsfan891

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Interesting.... if we didn't have Romanov or Brook.... I would agree...but, that's not the case.
We are looking at that big, talended top pairing left handed defenseman and Broberg might be exactly that... Love Romanov, but he doesnt have the offensive awareness to quarterback a PP, I see him as a solid all around second pairing defenseman...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Newhook was putrid is the first, I think he is grossly overrated on this board...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
We are looking at that big, talended top pairing left handed defenseman and Broberg might be exactly that... Love Romanov, but he doesnt have the offensive awareness to quarterback a PP, I see him as a solid all around second pairing defenseman...

Broberg does not have the offensive awareness to quarterback a PP. Show me one clip - one single clip - of him faking to draw a shot block to open a shooting lane. Just one.

Reactions: habsfan891

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Mea culpa about Poulin, I overrated him, tough to assess him properly on a team like Sherbrook when everyone is so bad around him... I think he ends up as an absolutely great third liner, but I dont see the offensive awareness of a top 6...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Broberg does not have the offensive awareness to quarterback a PP. Show me one clip - one single clip - of him faking to draw a shot block to open a shooting lane. Just one.
I see him as a Hedman type regarding his quarterback skills, not ideal, but not bad either, has a great shot, has good passing skills as well, ideally you have him quarterbacking your 2nd PP unit while a kid like Brook handles the first...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Most of the top prospects outside of the Americans have had hit or miss tournaments.....

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Mea culpa about Poulin, I overrated him, tough to assess him properly on a team like Sherbrook when everyone is so bad around him... I think he ends up as an absolutely great third liner, but I dont see the offensive awareness of a top 6...

U18 is overated on this board. Yes it’s a good scouting tournament, but it’s far from the one and only source of scouting during the year.

One good U18 doesn’t make a prospect.
One bad U18 doesn’t break a prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Question: Based on what you have seen so far in the U18's (eye test only), has Newhook maintain his stock, increased it, or decreased his stock value heading into the draft?

Reactions: jaffy27

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
About Poulin, i stand my ground on him. See a lot of Dubois in him.

Dubois never shined in U18 and got laughed at in his last U20 with the bust label around here.

I would take Dubois anyday of the week on my team.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Question: Based on what you have seen so far in the U18's (eye test only), has Newhook maintain his stock, increased it, or decreased his stock value heading into the draft?
Maintained. He's been good but its 7 games.

I guess I should have specified that it was on my list, I'm 100% sure it boosted his value for others, I always had him high.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad