WJC: U-18 Team Czech republic

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

Only minor changes from the Hlinka team. Buchtela in for Rutar. No Novak, but instead Hrabik, J. Svoboda, Pour.
No glaring omission, although I would have prefered Lauko over 4th liners like Skvrne or Dvorak in a heartbeat. Skilled player > "Safe" player.
Also hoped for Dostal over Pavlat, not like 3rd goalie is expected to play anyway so Dostal would gain some experience for next year. That's assuming Patera is the backup.
Not sure how's Kvasnicka's injury though and Necas is also a question mark.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
I hope Nečas won't go. I guess the whole idea and goal of youth hockey is to make sure that players one day become as good professional players as possible, it's infinitely more important than to succeed in a short U18 tournament and maybe grab a medal. And I do believe that the final series of the Czech Extraliga playoffs is a better learning experience for him than this event. It would also send a strange message to Extraliga teams with regards to young players: Brno integrates a teenage player into their lineup, as all clubs should be doing - and then it gets punished for that when the player is taken from them in the most crucial part of the season? Just another reason not to take risks with youngsters and sign vets instead. The Czech federation should really be able to see the bigger picture here.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I hope Nečas won't go. I guess the whole idea and goal of youth hockey is to make sure that players one day become as good professional players as possible, it's infinitely more important than to succeed in a short U18 tournament and maybe grab a medal. And I do believe that the final series of the Czech Extraliga playoffs is a better learning experience for him than this event. It would also send a strange message to Extraliga teams with regards to young players: Brno integrates a teenage player into their lineup, as all clubs should be doing - and then it gets punished for that when the player is taken from them in the most crucial part of the season? Just another reason not to take risks with youngsters and sign vets instead. The Czech federation should really be able to see the bigger picture here.

Agreed. I want to see Necas in the finals.. it would be better for his development.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Agreed. I want to see Necas in the finals.. it would be better for his development.

I'm not sure the average is 11 minutes. Played enough, now it might be the time to show that it is indeed dominant in its category. It's hard to review.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad