Tyson Barrie

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I am moving to Kelowna tommorow so I want to know more about the players on the Rockets

I noticed Barrie's stats were amazing this year and I heard he was been compared to Kris Russell and Aaron Ness, can anyone confirm this?

Anyone have a mini-scouting report?

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Watched a few Rockets games this year and was very impressed with Barrie's skill set...

Good composure, alot of people are comparing him to Hickey, the Kings first rounder a couple years back. He runs the powerplay quite effectively (as you can see from his point totals) and is very heads up... he's a bit undersized but he's also a '91 prospect with time to grow.

Some people are doubting him because of a crappy U-17 performance but he's a 1st round talent in my opinion as well as others too I would have to think.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Watched a few Rockets games this year and was very impressed with Barrie's skill set...

Good composure, alot of people are comparing him to Hickey, the Kings first rounder a couple years back. He runs the powerplay quite effectively (as you can see from his point totals) and is very heads up... he's a bit undersized but he's also a '91 prospect with time to grow.

Some people are doubting him because of a crappy U-17 performance but he's a 1st round talent in my opinion as well as others too I would have to think.

Thanks I look forward to see him develop next season! :D

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Yes, he is small but he was 16 last year. He was one of the Kelowna players that caught my eye with his confidence and battle level. He did well in all situations and he is sooo smart and sees the ice well. I think a Hickey comparison is accurate. Really looking forward to seeing him this year with their returning players they should be a force to take the West.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yes, he is small but he was 16 last year. He was one of the Kelowna players that caught my eye with his confidence and battle level. He did well in all situations and he is sooo smart and sees the ice well. I think a Hickey comparison is accurate. Really looking forward to seeing him this year with their returning players they should be a force to take the West.

So do you think that he will go near the position Hickey went, well where he should have went?

And I am crossing my fingers that Schenn and Myers both come back for another season in Kelowna, I never got to see Schenn play :cry:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
My opinion is going to go against the grain:

Saw him a few times, thought he was a timebomb with the puck and felt bad for his D partners. Million dollar skillset, ten cent head.

Great hands, skating, offensive instincts though.

Personally, I think with his style of playing and 16 yr old success...he can do nothing but fall in rankings.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Schenn and Myers will be back. I think Schenn is very solid but he still has a lot to work on. Toronto will really screw up if they keep him this year. I've never been a Myers fan even though he is huge and skates well but his hockey sense is well...bad. As far as Barrie, who knows what the season has in store for him. Kelowna is a young team that will only be better this year and his success will depend on the teams success. I think they win the BC division and go far in the playoffs so this will help him.

MB, you must have caught him on an off night. I've seen him at least 10 times and I liked what I saw. However, I like smaller skilled dmen though so I may have some bias.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
Barrie is a very fluid player. He needs a bit of work on the defensive side of the game. However, he is 16. His size shouldn't be to discouraging at this point. My guess is he has a one way ticket to Tampa as well. Len Barrie owns the team.

Avery4Byng*

He has drawn comparison's at his age to former Rocket Kyle Cumiskey (Colorado).
Barrie skates like the wind, is great offensively and not too bad in his own end. Should be a high NHL pick based on his offensive work, but could fall due to lack of defensive work.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
I got a chance to see Barrie play with some High end talent at the Tampa Prospect camp. He held his own. I could see him there in a few years. I don't know if he was just filling a roster spot, seeing as how he's not drafted. He did show some good offensive flare playing along side Wishart. Also, he looks to have bulked up a little bit from the WHL season already.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
Well that's clearly obvious. There were a few players there just because of Len Barrie. I.e. The reason Courtnall was drafted 210th overall was because Barrie and Geoff Courtnall both Run the Victoria BCHL team. THere were a few BCHL players there as well. Fact is, Barrie is impressive. But shouldn't be judged to hard this early.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Well that's clearly obvious. There were a few players there just because of Len Barrie. I.e. The reason Courtnall was drafted 210th overall was because Barrie and Geoff Courtnall both Run the Victoria BCHL team. THere were a few BCHL players there as well. Fact is, Barrie is impressive. But shouldn't be judged to hard this early.

Courtnall was drafted a year before Barrie had control of the team, so I doubt it, and think its just coincidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad