Recalled/Assigned: Tyson Barrie Recalled

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
@Avalanche
ROSTER MOVES: The @Avalanche has placed Ryan Wilson on IR. Tyson Barrie has been recalled from @monstershockey.

He's 7th or 8th on Sacco's depth chart so who knows if he'll play but he's back with the Avs. Seriously, give him 20+ minutes every night.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
tumblr_mbkyf7QG5C1qznyz8o1_500.gif

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
uh oh, with barrie in the lineup we might have a chance at winning a game or two, hopefully for the sake of the tank the all knowing sacco will make him sit until its time to re-injure wilsons foot again :sarcasm:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Here are Sacco's options, unless he's 100% stupid:

1. Put him on the left side of the top pairing with EJ.

2. Put him on the right side of the 2nd pairing with Hejda.

It really should be that easy.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Too late. Stupid team. Now he will only help us win games and probably keep Sacco's job secure for next season.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Idk why you think he wouldn't play it wasn't like he was sat his first stint. He was sent down because sacco probably couldn't send down zanon, rob, or sob. And he has man love for hunwick, who honestly is playing much better then those three.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He will play... The Avs know they need some puck movement in their defense. Which is why Elliott played all the games he was up for on the last stint. Barrie will play with Hejda since it is a known pairing. EJ will get a scrub and our bottom pairing will be Hunwick ROB.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He will play... The Avs know they need some puck movement in their defense. Which is why Elliott played all the games he was up for on the last stint. Barrie will play with Hejda since it is a known pairing. EJ will get a scrub and our bottom pairing will be Hunwick ROB.

You'd think so, right? He even admitted as much when the team called both Barrie and Elliott up a few weeks back. But since then, they seem perfectly content with letting EJ, SOB, and a gimped-up Wilson fail to provide proper offense from the back end. I won't be shocked either way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You'd think so, right? He even admitted as much when the team called both Barrie and Elliott up a few weeks back. But since then, they seem perfectly content with letting EJ, SOB, and a gimped-up Wilson fail to provide proper offense from the back end. I won't be shocked either way.

You forgot Hunwick as well... I think in the Avs mind Wilson is a good enough puck mover that they can afford to send down Barrie and Elliott. When Wilson was out this last time (and Barrie was hurt in Lake Erie), Sacco put Elliott out there. I see nothing different here other than it is Barrie instead of Elliott.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You forgot Hunwick as well... I think in the Avs mind Wilson is a good enough puck mover that they can afford to send down Barrie and Elliott. When Wilson was out this last time (and Barrie was hurt in Lake Erie), Sacco put Elliott out there. I see nothing different here other than it is Barrie instead of Elliott.

Yeah. I did forget about Hunwick. His offense is definitely very forgettable. Apart from one nice end-to-end rush that set up David Jones's GWG a few weeks ago, I can't recall one great offensive play Hunwick's done in his time here.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Why???
So that we can win a meaningless game or two and that Sacco gets more time to ruin this kid?

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008

well sacco is 100% stupid, so who knows what will happen

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Yup. It should be.

Welcome back, Tyson. Here are your nachos. Enjoy the game.

I prefer this picture:

BDSQiRGCEAAyJdI.jpg:large

Hmmm...which pairings to pick?

Oh you clever dog! :laugh:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado's best defenseman finally returns to the big leagues.

I can't stress it enough but this guy is going to be great; a Brian Rafalski or Dan Boyle type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad