Confirmed with Link: Tyler Wright Leaves CBJ Organization

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 11m

Told Tyler Wright is leaving #CBJ organization. Was offered a new role with club - not amateur scouting - and chose not to accept it.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m

Name to keep in mind for #CBJ is former NHL D Ville Siren, who has spent last decade as scout w Washington and, most recently #stlblues.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m

RT @nopainnojane: @Aportzline any reason given? Is this just a simple case of Jarmo bringing in his own people? / Believe so, yes.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jarmo bringing in his own guys...figure a few more scouts are about to be replaced as well

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
I hope The Finn gets his guy. Tyler was a fan favorite and a good guy, but I never got the sense he was much of a scout.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Siren might be the new guy...he was basically Jarmo's best connection to Finland when he was still GMing Jokerit.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
I hope The Finn gets his guy. Tyler was a fan favorite and a good guy, but I never got the sense he was much of a scout.

I'm not sure "good guy" is accurate either from tales I've heard. Was nice to fans though.

Tyler isn't suited for a front office role, in my view. Could be better suited in a role as a coach and certainly as an announcer, but he's just not cut out for scouting related duties and Jarmo clearly picked that up right away. As others have said, he probably won't be the last to go now that we have 2 hockey guys at the top of the organization who are capable of evaluating the organization without any outside consultants.

Best of luck to him. Tyler's career shadowed my life for a good many years from northern Ohio, to Columbus, to its end in California and I always liked him as a player because of his energy.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Fan favorite player who it was great to be able to keep in the organization, but he was miscast. Good luck to him.

Pretty much sums up what I think too. It is encouraging to me that they still thought enough of him or his place with the CBJ to offer him another role (even if they expected him to turn it down, it reads better than just summarily throwing him out the door).

Wonder if Chris "Teflon" Macfarlane is next :sarcasm:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I liked him alot until I got to know him off the ice. Anyways, hope Jarmo can upgrade that position.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Hearing the position he turned down was inside a giant, inflatable, mustachioed, weapon of destruction... :sarcasm:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
A first rounder that played with heart..

but he was average at best as a player, and not good as a scout. That is a tough life and only those that live and breath the game are cut out for it. If we are to have confidence in our new mgmt., we must have the confidence to let them hire their own people.

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
So it sounds like he was offered another position and decided not to stay? Geez, I'll take that open position and help the organization!
I've respected him for his charity work and his on-ice play, but in a management role I guess he feels he brings more to the table than whatever job they offered him.

If you don't want to be here, Tyler, so be it. Its been fun and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you pursue . . . . .

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I continue to be impressed by the thorough house cleaning of the internal good old boys network that was initiated by the hiring of JD.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
So it sounds like he was offered another position and decided not to stay? Geez, I'll take that open position and help the organization!
I've respected him for his charity work and his on-ice play, but in a management role I guess he feels he brings more to the table than whatever job they offered him.

If you don't want to be here, Tyler, so be it.
Its been fun and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you pursue . . . . .

Maybe they thought, straight up firing him would have been unclassy knowing that he was well liked within the city,fans, and the organization. So rather then firing him, they offered him a new crappy position. In JD and Jarmo's case, accepting or not accepting, it opens up a spot for someone new, someone that they want. By Wright declining, it looks like he left on his own terms, rather then getting fired.

So far, it seems like JD/Jarmo will try to make their firings classy. 1)When Howson got fired, they still offered him another job. 2)When they fired(told his contract wasn't gettng re-newed) the European scout, they fired him early on to give him a chance to find another job from another team. They said they didn't want to let him know late in the year when teams filled out their positions. 3)then my theory on the Wright situation.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I thought Wright had alot of potential to be a scout. I know Castron had a prior friendship with Jarmo, but is he next? Why couldn't they keep both on as lower end scouts? (Assuming they would accept a demotion)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad