Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Chicago

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
According to Friedman, Stan Bowman has been attendance for the past few LA Kings games. He's got his eye on someone.

Tyler Toffoli is really the only player on the Kings roster that fits with Stan's plan.

To my knowledge he's on the trading block as well.

Taking the Hagelin for Pearson trade into consideration, I think Anisimov+ nets Toffoli.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
According to Friedman, Stan Bowman has been attendance for the past few LA Kings games. He's got his eye on someone.

Tyler Toffoli is really the only player on the Kings roster that fits with Stan's plan.

Taking the Hagelin for Pearson trade into consideration, I think Anisimov+ nets Toffoli.

No chance LA moves TT for Anisimov. If he is on the block it would be part of a retool/rebuild so it would need to be picks and prospects. His value is completely different from Pearson

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Anisimov has a couple more years left on his deal, Kings covet caps space maybe even more than anything else. But as go4hockey points out that has to be a pick/prospect thing.

Reactions: go4hockey

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Toffoli doesn't fit anything for Hawks and Kings are not taking AA a declining 3rd line C for Toffoli unless the + is something absurd

I think something like Muzzin for Forsling+ makes more sense if teams are truly talking

Forsling is young defender who can step in for Kings now and be part of there rebuild but may be consider blocking path of another defender Hawks are higher on currently in pipeline (Area of Hawks prospect pool that is deep)

Hawks then extend Muzzin in offseason and have vet core of Muzzin , Keith and Seabrook to play with the kids such as Joker , Boqvist , Mitchell and Beaudin coming down pipeline

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Toffoli doesn't fit anything for Hawks and Kings are not taking AA a declining 3rd line C for Toffoli unless the + is something absurd

I think something like Muzzin for Forsling+ makes more sense if teams are truly talking

Forsling is young defender who can step in for Kings now and be part of there rebuild but may be consider blocking path of another defender Hawks are higher on currently in pipeline (Area of Hawks prospect pool that is deep)

Hawks then extend Muzzin in offseason and have vet core of Muzzin , Keith and Seabrook to play with the kids such as Joker , Boqvist , Mitchell and Beaudin coming down pipeline
Muzzin doesn't make sense if Murphy is still around.

Otherwise you have this:

Keith-Jokiharju
Muzzin-Murphy
?-Seabrook

Only one spot for a rookie? Krys, Beaudin, Mitchell and Boqvist all have a shot at making the roster next season. That's a logjam.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

i think the Pearson for Hagelin move was done at the beginning of the season to wake the team up and rid of a contract at the same time

considering that LA will most likely enter rebuild mode, Anisimov does not fit the plan at all

we need to rid of contracts, add picks and prospects in the process

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It may be better to have just one kid on roster next year as several of guys you listed wont be ready for NHL role

And honestly if a market can be found we should move Murphy

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It may be better to have just one kid on roster next year as several of guys you listed wont be ready for NHL role

And honestly if a market can be found we should move Murphy
Mitchell is a lock. I suppose you could play Murphy on his offside.

Muzzin-Jokiharju
Keith-Mitchell
Murphy-Seabrook

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You pay for the luggage and I'll pay for the gas. Cheers.

Really though TT has no position on a team like this, he's a complementary finisher that needs someone else to lug the puck through the neutral zone. On a bad possession team he's playing defense too much, and though he's smart with positioning/reads, he's small and soft and sucks on the boards. He can pop in pucks if you have a playmaker, and I've long dreamed of how good he'd look cruising in McDavid's wake.

Hell of a player and totally worthy of a trade for good assets, he's just worthless on this version of LA.

No chance LA moves TT for Anisimov. If he is on the block it would be part of a retool/rebuild so it would need to be picks and prospects. His value is completely different from Pearson

But pretty much this.

Can't imagine moving TT for anyone similar age or older.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
i think the Pearson for Hagelin move was done at the beginning of the season to wake the team up and rid of a contract at the same time

considering that LA will most likely enter rebuild mode, Anisimov does not fit the plan at all

we need to rid of contracts, add picks and prospects in the process
Kings arent rebuilding their retooling.

Reactions: go4hockey

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He's been injured to start the season. Will be back next week.

what are his expectations though? his age, contract (depending on how effective of a player he is) and hand seem desirable. However I imagine that make him desirable to chicago as well. I just do not know alot about his game.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
what are his expectations though? his age, contract (depending on how effective of a player he is) and hand seem desirable. However I imagine that make him desirable to chicago as well. I just do not know alot about his game.
He was our best D last season. Realistically he's a second pairing RHD who can also play is offside effectively.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
sounds like that is who would make the salary work out and who I would be interested in.

While that works salary wise and might be about fair value wise, I have no idea why the Hawks would be trading defensemen. Or at least I wouldn't want them to.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
for thoses thinking because we got rid of pearson cheap we will get rid of toffoli cheap get that idea out of your heads now. Pearson was in a severe decline. 24 goal to 15 to 0 he was in a decline, Toffoli despite the hate he gets in the la forum scored 25 goals after 16 in 50 games He is also a big part of our pk and why we were so good last year. I think toffoli would cost a lot to get sure as hell more then any offer i seen so far.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
for thoses thinking because we got rid of pearson cheap we will get rid of toffoli cheap get that idea out of your heads now. Pearson was in a severe decline. 24 goal to 15 to 0 he was in a decline, Toffoli despite the hate he gets in the la forum scored 25 goals after 16 in 50 games He is also a big part of our pk and why we were so good last year. I think toffoli would cost a lot to get sure as hell more then any offer i seen so far.
he also has been generating a fair number of chances

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad