Tyler Toffoli: Hat trick in 3 min 48 Seconds

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Want to see the vid of this. The kid sure can snipe.

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Wow....make it number 4....when this kid goes on one of these tears, hes impossible to stop....

its too bad he hit a rough stretch the past 10 or so games, or he would have been a lock to hit 60+ goals....

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
No wheels.

his skating has gotten much much better....its still not top end, but there are a handful of top players in the NHL who has the same issues in juniors....

hell have a long future in the NHL and i think hell be a 30+ goal scorer....too much skill not too....

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
his skating has gotten much much better....its still not top end, but there are a handful of top players in the NHL who has the same issues in juniors....

hell have a long future in the NHL and i think hell be a 30+ goal scorer....too much skill not too....

He's still painfully lazy. He's just as likely to be a 30 goal guy in the NHL as he is to not play in the league at all. Either is possible, I imagine he's the best pure sniper in the CHL. His legs are still pretty bad, his edges are actually okay, he is getting better. He's got time, but it's his drive that will determine what he turns into.

arsmaster*

Not saying he is a bad player, the question I replied to asked why he dropped to the 2nd round.

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Not saying he is a bad player, the question I replied to asked why he dropped to the 2nd round.

yeah i do agree that his skating is not the greatest....could you imagine if he was a great skater? he would have been a guarantee top 10 pick....

I dont live in that area, so i dont see him play live, but from what ive heard, hes been improving across the board....even his compete level seems to be on a much higher level....

If you watch his interviews right after getting drafted, one thing that stood out to me was his enthusiasm....he seemed like he genuinely loved to play hockey....im hoping that him getting older combined with this love for the game, will translate into a player who gives 100% every game and every shift....if that ever occurs, hes one scary player

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
I'll get a vid up in a bit.

nvm. It only recorded the last half of the third period. :( Hopefully someone else uploads video of this.

They showed a highlight video of them at the end. One nice snipe, but the others were more being in the right place at the right time and a bit of luck.

outofrange

Feb 6, 2007
Lol knowing the title was up for grabs made him really get his snipe on. I think this also means that he might have been half-assing it for parts of the season.

Skating isn't a big deal. Just hopefully he's committed to making it better because there are tons of guys (Molson, Boyle, Heatley) who aren't great skaters and weren't really good in the past but they put time in and now they get around and are average.

Congrats to Tyler! Hopefully he is the 40 goal scorer the Kings need in the future! I've only seen online clips of him but if he works on his skating and conditioning then he will be a beast. His shot is spectacular.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Was at the game, he seemed to have a knack for finding open space on the ice and when he got the puck you could almost guarantee a shot. He was definitely feeling it tonight as he ended up with 4.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Not the greatest skater but I wouldn't say he is terrible. Likes to float around a bit too much but thats not out of character for alot of junior aged scorers

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I remember a London Knight that everyone was getting down on because of his skating... Corey Perry anyone? Seems to have survived the transition.

Perry's also 6'3.

I think we'll get a good indication of how Toffoli can develop after he comes into his 19 year old season. How he improved over the off-season. If it's encouraging, I think he could be a real good NHL sniper in time.

Lots of work to do, and I heard trainers are easily aggravated by his laziness in the gym.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad