Confirmed with Link: Tyler Toffoli for 1st, 5th, Pitlick, Heineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I can live with this. Cap is gonna be a problem next year, need to get rid of Lucic and/or Monahan

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
I love it. We managed to upgrade without a king's ransom and can avoid the tdl noise to come. Well done Treliving & co

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I’m more than ok with the deal. As long as we got a 1st plus.

thoughts on emil heineman from Calgary fans?

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
200.gif

Welcome Toffoli!

Reactions: Mitts

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

I think it's OK. Would have preferred using that 1st to get an impact rental at the deadline, but there's something to be said about getting it done early. Treliving did not want to be left without a dance partner again this year.

Least TT can shoot and is a RHS. Those two boxes checked. Very reasonable cap hit. His speed is concerning, especially if they're looking to play him with Monahan.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Why on earth did the Habs really want Heineman

Assuming Treliving took Zary/Pelletier/Coronado off the table given there was already a first heading their way it’s possible they saw him as the best of our remaining prospects.

He’s having a fantastic year maybe they see something they like

Anyway I’m fine with this trade. The first pick should be in the 20-32 range and dumping Pitlick + his salary is double nice because of A) the cap and B) still leaves room to call up Philips

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
So simplifying this, Flames got 2nd and Toffoli for Bennett and 1st. And lost 4th and 5th round picks for nothing. Doesn't look that good
Well the Bennett trade never looked very good to begin with.

This Toffoli trade is... probably fair value. Will be interesting to see what happens to his numbers. Don't see him taking Coleman's spot on the 2nd line but maybe he gets some PP2 time?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm happy with this. Hate giving up a 1st but I doubt it will be a very high 1st.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
So simplifying this, Flames got 2nd and Toffoli for Bennett and 1st. And lost 4th and 5th round picks for nothing. Doesn't look that good

And our cap situation this offseason when we need to re-sign Kylington, Mangiapane, Gaudreau, Tkachuk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad