Confirmed with Link: Tyler Pitlick Signs one year contract

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Will be interesting to see what they do with him should he outplay a few of the 3rd/4th line guys. I think he's better than Klinkhammer/Gazdic for sure. He impresses when healthy. Skates fast, hits hard and seems reasonably smart on the ice.. But he's one of the most injury prone players there is. He's never capable of staying healthy.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Will be interesting to see what they do with him should he outplay a few of the 3rd/4th line guys. I think he's better than Klinkhammer/Gazdic for sure. He impresses when healthy. Skates fast, hits hard and seems reasonably smart on the ice.. But he's one of the most injury prone players there is. He's never capable of staying healthy.

He's an NHLer, imho. Unless he completely bombs in the training camp, he will make the opening day roster.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

For sure. He seems to have all the tools but just can't stay healthy. I like his game when he plays but I find it hard to get excited about him on the roster. I think he's basically a 14th or 15th forward at best. In and out of the line up kind of player. Hopefully he proves me wrong though. It would be nice to see some of these picks become players that we can count on going forward.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Part of me would like to see him with Hall and Mcdavid. Has the speed, size and physicality that would balance nicely on that line. Just needs to stay healthy.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Part of me would like to see him with Hall and Mcdavid. Has the speed, size and physicality that would balance nicely on that line. Just needs to stay healthy.

I agree, I think it is a good fit. He can dig, hit and keep up with them speed-wise and seems to have pretty good hands. Must stay healthy.

So glad they didn't flush him. :handclap:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I thought him and lander would make good 3rd liners many years ago.

It's weird that that might actually take place.

Nevermind my other thoughts.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Ehhhh. He's never going to be a difference maker. 4th line hooray

Personally I think he's better than that. But the reality is he doesn't fit in anywhere on the team because they're loaded at the forward position, especially RW. Possibly a third line guy down the road though if he can out perform everyone else. Is certainly capable of it.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Personally I think he's better than that. But the reality is he doesn't fit in anywhere on the team because they're loaded at the forward position, especially RW. Possibly a third line guy down the road though if he can out perform everyone else. Is certainly capable of it.

He'll likely battle Klinkhammer for a position on the 4th line wing. He'll likely start in the AHL and be our first call up.

I'm hoping the kid can stay healthy. At his age, he's already a decent 4th line guy. Not too shabby, especially considering the tools he brings.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I agree, I think it is a good fit. He can dig, hit and keep up with them speed-wise and seems to have pretty good hands. Must stay healthy.

So glad they didn't flush him. :handclap:

Disagree with his hands. He's inept at carrying the puck or even really making a play with the puck. He also doesn't seem to have the offensive awareness to be able to get open which will be essential for whoever plays with McDavid.

He seems to be a good 4th liner. And that's a valuable thing to have. I like him. But he shouldn't be playing higher in the lineup than that.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Surprised he didn't break his wrist signing the contract.

LOL this is funny. I like pitlick but this is his last chance IMO to make the NHL. He usually has strong camps so I see him making the club barring INJURY. 4th line revolving with Gazdic.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd like to see what he can do if healthy. He's one of those guys I can see going elsewhere and at some point would be playing a season or two in the NHL. Unfortunately for him the Oilers are really getting to the point where we need proven players. There are proven UFA's that I think we can probably get year after year for slightly more money maybe even less. He is a guy that has some draft pedigree and I'd think PC would like to get another look himself before cutting Pitlick go.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Literally. When healthy, he deserves a spot, but he just can't seem to string together any time without getting hurt

What has he done to deserve a spot? He has struggled with consistency in the AHL, so it's not like he's our best AHLer just waiting for a spot to open up.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think he'll beat out Klinkhammer for the 4th line RW spot.

Hendricks - Letestu - Pitlick is a very good 4th line that can have some form of an offensive threat also.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I think he'll beat out Klinkhammer for the 4th line RW spot.

Hendricks - Letestu - Pitlick is a very good 4th line that can have some form of an offensive threat also.

That will be an interesting battle to watch. Both guys have lots to prove and want to stay up.

I presume they are both waiver eligible?:help:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What has he done to deserve a spot? He has struggled with consistency in the AHL, so it's not like he's our best AHLer just waiting for a spot to open up.

He hasn't struggled with consistency from what I've seen. He's struggled to stay healthy, but that's really not the same thing. When healthy, he's better than guys like Klinkhammer and Gazdic

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He has speed and physicality so he might make it as a 4th liner.

But he has hands of stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad