Confirmed with Link: Tyler Pitlick (RW) - 2 years, $1.75M AAV

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pitlick - 670 mins 5v5 - 8 goals, 19 points +11
Kessel - 907 mins 5v5 - 5 goals, 17 points - 21

f*** you Tocchet and you too burger boy.

Also, for those wondering, this says good things about the FO analytically. Pitlick is a very good underlying numbers guy, as long as he isn't seeing quality competition.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
A much simpler breakdown than XX's fancy stats. :laugh:

Pitlick had 132 hits last year. That would have placed him fourth on our team behind Crouse (200), Bush (151), Fischer (140), and ahead of OEL (129). Next up was Goose (90).

For reference as he looks to be taking Hinostroza's spot. Vinnie had 51 hits and 22 points. Only 2 more than Pitlick in 5 more games. So essentially we're getting equal point production and 80 more hits with Pitlick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
For reference as he looks to be taking Hinostroza's spot. Vinnie had 51 hits and 22 points. Only 2 more than Pitlick in 5 more games. So essentially we're getting equal point production and 80 more hits with Pitlick.

Vinny's sole job was to skate the puck out of danger from the defensive zone. Anything beyond that was gravy. He did that with aplomb vs very good competition. Pitlick has never shown that level of defense or been entrusted with it. I like him as a 3RW, not a defensive forward.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Vinny's sole job was to skate the puck out of danger from the defensive zone. Anything beyond that was gravy. He did that with aplomb vs very good competition. Pitlick has never shown that level of defense or been entrusted with it. I like him as a 3RW, not a defensive forward.
Pitlick and Vinny are actually really good friends off the ice. Here’s a picture of them goofing around together on a beach vacation:

Man. Vinny can really get some air!!!

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
With our defensive makeup, I don't think getting the puck out of our own zone is a big issue. All of our dman except for Bush can move the puck. Our bigger issue was maintaining possession in the Ozone. The best defense is a good offense and hopefully, Pitlick can help keep the play in the opposite end with a good forecheck.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
With our defensive makeup, I don't think getting the puck out of our own zone is a big issue. All of our dman except for Bush can move the puck. Our bigger issue was maintaining possession in the Ozone. The best defense is a good offense and hopefully, Pitlick can help keep the play in the opposite end with a good forecheck.

If you ice the puck or clear it, you've only temporarily relieved pressure. It's always better to have five guys on the ice that can do it as a unit, through multiple ways. Speed is one of them. Grabner played the same role.

That Grabner-Richardson-Vinny line will never get the respect it's owed for how much it helped the team. I've made peace with that.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Vinny's sole job was to skate the puck out of danger from the defensive zone. Anything beyond that was gravy. He did that with aplomb
I hope for his sake that his agent is doing a better sell job than you are.

"But what he's really good at is receiving a pass and skating..."

:biglaugh:

I like Vinnie, but there is no room for him with Keller, Schmaltz, Garland, Kessel, etc all playing in the top nine. He's a good utility player. Very likeable. But bon voyage.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Pitlick and Vinny are actually really good friends off the ice. Here’s a picture of them goofing around together on a beach vacation:

Man. Vinny can really get some air!!!
That might be the post of 2020, well played RT!

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Seems fine. A bit more well rounded player than Vinnie. Some reason I thought he was a smaller guy. Sounds good. Or could just be another BJ Crombeen.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doesn't show up on a fancy stat anywhere, soo...

It does. That's what contextual stats are for.

John Hayden, for example, can win as many imaginary Del puck battles as he wants, but if he doesn't do anything positive with it on the ice - either for himself or teammates - then it's all for nothing. If he wins a battle but then passes straight to an opponent, it didn't matter. If he wins the battle but can't make decisions at NHL speed, it didn't matter. If he can't skate out of pressure, it didn't matter. If he bobbles passes constantly, it didn't matter.

There's a ton of players that should have amounted to something but never did because they are a complete non factor at best when on the ice or even an active detriment to their team. Jack Johnson being a good example.

Pitlick was pretty pedestrian in Dallas facing a workload more similar to Vinny. Usage and deployment matters a ton.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How you define “do anything positive with it” is subjective. The Coyotes played a soft and passive and generally cowardly game last season. There’s a great stat for tracking that, it’s number of losses per 82 games played. Their number was way too high.

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How you define “do anything positive with it” is subjective. The Coyotes played a soft and passive and generally cowardly game last season. There’s a great stat for tracking that, it’s number of losses per 82 games played. Their number was way too high.

You also need to defend, possess the puck, and score. More went out the door than has come in. Hopefully they aren't done yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad