News Article: Tyler Myers

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's good that Myers is working with D-men who have been there. He hasn't had the good mentor in Buffalo to show him the proper diet and dirty tricks that alot of these d-men get. Weber is as good of a mentor as any.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Well, he sees what he has to do. Now he just has to apply it to an actual game. It could really do so much more for him as a player to develop more nastiness. It would go a long way for him. He's got the potential to be one of the most feared players in the League if he played to his full capacity.

Let's hope time with Weber helped him realize and form that. He's too special of a player to not take advantage of his body and natural talent.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
If he could put on around 25-30 more lbs he'd be Chara size, that's certainly possible down the road since he's still very young and I'd imagine it's damn hard to put on weight at that height. Not saying he has to put on more weight, but it would certainly help with his physical play. I think he's already put on some good weight since he came into the league.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Semi off topic, but is it just me or did none of Lindy's quotes in that article make ANY sense?

When he’s fresh and strong, looks physical.

Sometimes a player can get that in a couple of years, sometimes it’s two or three years. He’s talked about it himself. When his game is good, there’s a lot of energy in the tank and I think when there’s a little bit of pace in his game, it’s not as high as it needs to be.

wut

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
Semi off topic, but is it just me or did none of Lindy's quotes in that article make ANY sense?

wut

I listened to the audio and he made more sense, basically said Myers needs to work on being able to keep up his energy for an entire game. He starts off with a lot of energy and is physical and loses his strength later in the game. He said something like that at least..

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I listened to the audio and he made more sense, basically said Myers needs to work on being able to keep up his energy for an entire game. He starts off with a lot of energy and is physical and loses his strength later in the game. He said something like that at least..

Stars often do that... they can't go 120% every second.... If Myers plays all season long the Sabres WILL make the playoffs.... ;)

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
If he could put on around 25-30 more lbs he'd be Chara size, that's certainly possible down the road since he's still very young and I'd imagine it's damn hard to put on weight at that height. Not saying he has to put on more weight, but it would certainly help with his physical play. I think he's already put on some good weight since he came into the league.

His body type just doesn't seem like Chara's, he's way too skinny to put on that kind of bulky muscle. Still, with his size and if he trains really hard, he can still be a force, he doesn't need to be super physical but if he can use his tools properly, he can be a monster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad