Tyler Myers vs Jake Gardiner

• Myers

• Gardiner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I think a lot of people still think of Myers for that Calder and Gardiner for the hype about his mistakes. Fact is, Gardiner is far better than Myers. All stats say so. In fact, stats say Gardiner is actually better defensively, let alone offensively.

This isn't even close.

Reactions: zaqq

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
A lot of conflicting views on this in another thread. Who’s the better defenseman?

If there are conflicting views, there shouldn't be. You can dig all you want, but there's nothing you can find that supports Myers being the better player. Gardiner puts up better simple stats, better advanced stats, and plays against much tougher competition while doing it. This one is as black and white as it comes.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Gardiner is a #3 LHD

Myers is a #4 RHD

Both can have face palm moments at times in their own ends.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
All of Canuck nation today: :banghead:

While Canes fans be like: :razz:

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
All of Canuck nation today: :banghead:

While Canes fans be like: :razz:
Canes have Hamilton, Faulk and Pesce on right side we had Tanev and Stecher. Canucks needed a RHD and Myers was the best we could do I know. However even though Gards deal is better he wasn't helping our RHD problem and we already have Edler, Hughes and Benn now on left side.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canes have Hamilton, Faulk and Pesce on right side we had Tanev and Stecher. Canucks needed a RHD and Myers was the best we could do I know. However even though Gards deal is better he wasn't helping our RHD problem and we already have Edler, Hughes and Benn now on left side.
O for sure S2H, def we should not have targeted Gardner, but the fact that a worse dman got #2 million more per year, an extra year is CRIMINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad